Report of the Presidential Committee to Resolve Issues Related to South Asia Institute of Technology and Medicine (SAITM). This confidential Report proposes a solution that has broad acceptance among most stakeholders; in particular, with representatives of the Sri Lanka Medical Council (SLMC) with whom the Committee met. “The Government Medical Officers’ Association (GMOA) was offered and subsequently confirmed two appointments to meet the Committee; on 08 September and on 09 September, but they were unable to attend,” the report said.
The Committee consists the following:
1. Dr Harsha de Silva, MP, Deputy Minister, Ministry of National Policies and Economic Affairs (Chairman)
2. D.C. Dissanayake, Secretary, Ministry of Higher Education and Highways
3. Janaka Sugathadasa, Secretary, Ministry of Health, Nutrition, and Indigenous Medicine
4. Jayantha Jayasuriya, Attorney-General (Represented by Sanjay Rajaratnam, Additional Solicitor General, Attorney-General’s Department)
5. Prof Mohan de Silva, Chairman, University Grants Commission (UGC)
To read it in English click here
To read it in Sinhala click here
The report is not available in Tamil language.
« Failing To Act On Ravi K’s Money Laundering Case: Writ Against AG For Corruption Taken Up
NUTA Clowning Over Rohingya Mass Tragedy »