Filed under: Colombo Telegraph,Most Popular,News,STORIES |

Presidential offspring Rohitha Rajapaksa assaulted Rugby referee Dimitri Gunasekera last week  (5th May) at the Havelocks Grounds in Colombo after the Navy lost a qualifying match. Non of Sri Lankan media reported the story. Daily Mirror today interviewed Rohitha but failed to ask a single question related to the Rugby referee attack incident. We publish below the Daily Mirror interview in full;

On the column, he speaks about fashion, his healthy lifestyle and his take on life…

Although he loves his outdoor activities, from water sports to racing, he has the artistic skills to write a heartwarming poem or even to paint a breathtaking picture.. a true romantic!
Enjoy Rohitha on the Buzz with Danu.

Full name  Rohitha Rajapaksa
Pet name Chichi
Hometown  Weerakatiya
Status Committed without a doubt
Birthday 15/06/89
School S. Thomas’ College, Mount Lavinia
Idols No one at all, maybe someday I can call myself my own idol.
Passions Passion for each other
Favorite Colour  Turquoise blue
Favourite Cartoon Powerpuff Girls
Would you call yourself a FASHIONISTA? Yes

The story behind the name “Chichi”?
When my brother Yo was small, he found it difficult to pronounce ‘chooty’ (small) malli. So once, at a party, he had been stuffing his pockets with food. One of the aunties had asked him as to why he was not eating the food but stuffing it in his pockets, and he had replied saying, “This is for my chichi (supposed to be chooty) malli’. At the time of this incident I was about 1 or 2 months old, since then everyone calls me ‘chichi’.
Your love for racing, when did it start?
From the day we were exposed to vehicles, always loved being fast and I love the adrenaline rush you get in fast things.
Do you like being called Chichi?
Yes, I just want everyone to call me that and nothing else.
How were you in school? I was decent, did my work, had a bunch of friends from my younger days and never changed them.
How would you describe yourself in two words? “Just right”
What is your favourite thing to spend money on? Bikes and cars.
What is the weirdest thing about you? Are you proud of it?
Always needing to make everyone around me workout, especially my girlfriend. I am not proud of it, but I do feel good when I see the people around me fit and healthy.
As the President’s son, two disadvantages you face personally?
1-Public eye on everything I do
2- Lack of freedom in society and the restriction on my girlfriend and friends in their personal lives.

How are you at home?  I am the same person I am outside.
Your fashion statement?  Anything that makes me look fit and strong. I try out almost all the styles but I am not too picky since mostly anything fits perfectly.
What would be your PERFECT day? Wake up and workout with my girlfriend and friends, finish my work, have the freedom to face the rest of the day, watching movies and riding bikes and end it with a good dinner with all my friends.
Something you admire in your Dad? I admire his commitment to staying healthy and working out every morning.
Something you admire in your mom? I admire her eagerness to help people.
Are you a Mamma’s boy, or a Dadda’s boy? I play as a parents’ boy, having both is better in every way.
Where do you like to shop? I shop everywhere, anything that fits perfect will be purchased, price and name does not matter.  However, for belts and shoes LV is my brand.
‘IF’
If you could have personally witnessed anything, what would you want to have seen?
I have seen the world, the only thing remaining is out of space, which I strongly believe I will see in a few years.
If you could pick any car.. what will you choose?
1967 fastback Shelby GT500 (Eleanor)
If you woke up one day looking like Yo, what would you do?  Grow my hair, run to my girlfriend’s closet and burn it, get her a new set of clothes and give her freedom to choose her own style of clothing with no restrictions. Send my girlfriend to a cosmetic surgeon and get her birthmark removed, go run to Yo’s room , grab his ID and credit card and shop as much as I want to and meet the girlfriend’s parents and go propose that I am about the age to get married and put Yo in a bit of trouble and hide till I recover my same old good looks as Chichi. Hahaha basically to create chaos.
If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which one would you choose? Spartacus
If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
A good yummy chicken burger.
On the Spot
Rugby/racing – first choice? RUGBY
Namal, Yoshitha – who do you think is more fashionable?
Neither, I advise them both, but if I had a choice I would say Yo is smarter and Namal is justtttt him, he loves his jeans and body fit T-shirts, cannot complain.
Kumar, Mahela, Angelo – who is your favourite captain? Mahela
Describe Tatyana Lee in two words?  Picture perfect
Would you ever get in to politics? NOPE
Have you had a stalker? Have many, still do and can’t make them stop, and it gets annoying when most of them pretend to be me in social media sites.
3 most important things in your life?
1 Education
2.Family
3. Health
Top 5 songs you have on you IPod
1. Perfect by Simple Plan
2. I’ll be by Edwin Mccain
3. A Lonely September by Plain White T’s
4. Some Nights by Fun.
5. If Tomorrow Never Comes by Ronan Keating
For Fun
Worst injury you have had? Shoulder dislocation
Your favourite movie? Gladiator
What is the most favourite concert you’ve been to? Shaggy at Sugathadasa Stadium.
Would you ever get a tattoo?  Yes many haha.
Do you like to play video games? Who doesn’t?
Do you know any big gossipers? Yasara (queen of gossip), Rishini, myself, Tatyana Lee & Sachin her best friend, DD.
Have you been pulled over by a cop? Many times.
On what occasions have you faked being sick so you wouldn’t have to go? I am not a fan of weddings and funerals, they take too much of my time.
What was the last lie you’ve told? I don’t lie, so can’t really remember.
Have you ever been in a car accident? Yes, only racing ones.
Best compliment you have received?
Too many to keep in mind, always receive a lot, but my favourite is “machang body eka daala wage, monada ganna supplement eka.”
What is your perfect pizza? Chicken Hawaiian with extra chicken, cheese and jalapeno.
Print Friendly

104 Responses to Censorship: Presidential Offspring ‘Referee-Beater’ Rohitha Rajapaksa On Buzz With Daily Mirror

1. 0
    A member of a patriotic family.

කඩප්පුලියා
    May 8, 2013 at 6:50 pm

• 0
      But i like to add, A member of a SINHALA, BUDDHIST, DOWNSOUTH, CULTURED, CIVILIZED and patriotic family.

JULAMPITIYE AMARYA
      May 8, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Half malay….

Sukarnopottery
        May 9, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Cultured? My foot

P.B
        May 12, 2013 at 9:39 pm

• 0
      There are plenty of people in the country willing to risk jail for stealing a couple of coconuts. So that, they can survive the day on “Pol Sambol”. “Chichi2 is already enjoying a Galactic lifestyle. Paid by coconut stealing, poverty stricken Sri Lankan tax payers. Enjoy your cheese and jalapeno. LOL!

Ben Hurling
      May 9, 2013 at 2:34 am

• 0
      The Daily Mirror is a piece of TRASH Only good to wipe Rajapassa’s ASS!

Dude
      May 9, 2013 at 8:52 am

• 1
      The Daily Mirror is a piece of TRASH Only good to wipe Rajapassa’s ASS! The small time Gaddhafis of South Asia will have a very short run!

Dude
      May 9, 2013 at 8:57 am

• 1
      This is the gem in the interview: ” What would be your PERFECT day? ” ” Wake up and workout with my girlfriend and friends, finish my work, have the freedom to face the rest of the day, watching movies and riding bikes and end it with a good dinner with all my friends. ” A fine example of hard work we are supposed to put in as patriotic citizens. Tallies perfectly with national culture and mahinda cintanaya.

SCOTT
      May 9, 2013 at 11:08 am

• 0
        Why what about, The story behind the name “Chichi”? When my brother Yo was small, he found it difficult to pronounce ‘chooty’ (small) malli. So once, at a party, he had been stuffing his pockets with food. One of the aunties had asked him as to why he was not eating the food but stuffing it in his pockets, and he had replied saying, “This is for my chichi (supposed to be chooty) malli’. At the time of this incident I was about 1 or 2 months old, since then everyone calls me ‘chichi’ It appears the habit of pocketing everything for the family seem to pass down from the father and the uncles. He claims that he has been pulled up many a time by the Traffic Cops. If only he continued as to what the Cop did afterwards, like saluting Duminda Silva the answer would have been complete. Not bad for the high living for the grandson of a Curd Seller from Weeraketiya where many stopped at his grand father’s hut to buy buffalo curd for the Pilgrims to Kataragama. They had no proper house to live and rented almost for nothing Carlton of Hamabnthota from the Wickremasuriya’s, the owner. Today the family owns valuable property in high residential and commercial areas.

gamini
        May 9, 2013 at 12:51 pm

• 0
          Taking to politics “to rescue the masses”, have served rather well. Not only corrupt Rajapassa clan. But many others as well Suba Anagathayak!

Ben Hurling
          May 9, 2013 at 5:56 pm

• 0
          Gamini: You forgot to mention that Carlton, the Maha Gedera of the Wickremesooriyas, has now been established as the “Seat” of the Rajapaksas!

Aney Apochchi!
          May 12, 2013 at 2:01 pm

MUDERERERS, THIEVES, GREEDY PIGS, DICTATORS, CHEATERS, IDIOTS. THANK YOU

KAPAN
      May 14, 2013 at 7:37 pm

• 0
        ….AND PIG SHIT EATERS! (their own words).

mike
        May 16, 2013 at 3:39 pm

2. 0
    Even not publishing the comments hurt to royal family. How can ask the q? Daily mirror is totally well paid media.

Yehiya
    May 8, 2013 at 6:55 pm

3. 0
    …WTF is this shyte :-)

Siva Sankaran Sarma
    May 8, 2013 at 7:14 pm

4. 0
    The Royal Family acting like Bollywood stars. No wonder they have to loot the country to support their life styles.

Safa
    May 8, 2013 at 7:25 pm

• 0
      You mean warlord family and the seepage.

ONE
      May 8, 2013 at 8:23 pm

5. 0
    Daily Mirror is under self censorship. Sri Lankans are mislead to believe, we have a free press by DM. That is far worse. Pathetic of DM! I give credit to “Chichi” for being honest though. Chichi loves the “adrenaline rush from fast vehicles”. While 90% Sri Lankans are struggling on horrible public transport systems and in traffic jams. To get home after a hard day’s work. Chichi will certainly see space. In fact, he lives out of this world already. That is at Sri Lankan tax payers’ expense. And that will continue. Suba Anagathayak!

Ben Hurling
    May 8, 2013 at 7:25 pm

6. 1
    Idols: No one at all, maybe someday I can call myself my own idol. I guess his ego is just as big as his fathers. Nothing is permanent ‘Chichi.’ Pray to God that your family does not end up like that of Saddams and Gaddafis…

PresiDunce Bean
    May 8, 2013 at 7:30 pm

7. 0
    Against the Monarchy Law has no Coercive Power !

DEVAKA SITHARA JAYASURIYA - Kadawatha
    May 8, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Royal Seepage its elected by monkeys Warlord

ONE
      May 8, 2013 at 8:29 pm

8. 0
    I admire him for not pretending to be a pious Sinhala icon full of cultural goodness. But he cannot hit referees and get away with it. And also the failure of Daily Mirror to ask the question is a reflection of the standard of that publication.

Wickramasiri
    May 8, 2013 at 7:55 pm

• 0
      Of course he is. The BBS, for instance, would never call him a “nightclub Buddhist.

quidproquo
      May 9, 2013 at 8:12 am

9. 0
    I hate money corrupted boys who spend their money on looted heist from the general public as to Daily Mirror they too are cowards to expose his bad behavior.

Jim Hardy
    May 8, 2013 at 7:56 pm

10. 0
    Does this Rohita Rajapakse, s/o Mahinda Rajapakse know what the Eelam Tamils have gone through, how the Tamils in Sri Lanka are being oppressed by the SL government to this day ?

Vijay
    May 8, 2013 at 8:07 pm

11. 0
    Great sinhala budhist prince in waiting. Good to see srilankans get great leaders like him..what a fortunate coutry called shit lanka.

J.Muthu
    May 8, 2013 at 8:12 pm

12. 0
    ASK THE SLRFU ABOUT THE REFEREE BEATING. THAT IS THEIR CULTURE -WEERAKETIYA!!!!

AYMAN
    May 8, 2013 at 8:37 pm

13. 0
    These people are professional thieves right from the beginning.

Anagathe Maaraya
    May 8, 2013 at 8:57 pm

14. 0
    We are sorry, the comment language is English – CT

Janaka
    May 8, 2013 at 9:10 pm

15. 0
    What is the purpose of adding this kind of pics to this thread ? All those pics in Daily Mirror story and we didn’t add any pics – CT

Sama
    May 8, 2013 at 9:10 pm

16. 0
    Why they are putting this kind of Rowdy.s photo,s

Tony Montana
    May 8, 2013 at 9:36 pm

17. 0
    why this has not been seen by Bodu Bala sena

sheriff
    May 8, 2013 at 9:57 pm

18. 0
    What is your perfect pizza? Chicken Hawaiian with extra chicken, cheese and jalapeno is it Halal or Haram

sheriff
    May 8, 2013 at 9:59 pm

19. 0
    We need to know, read and watch the Video clip on what happened during the Rugby game. Not these bullshit photos. I can send more better photos me with both International and local dames and more super Lamborghinis if Daily Mirror like to publish them. We want to read and watch the truth as to what happened during the game and not these Bullshit photo interviews.

Mahela
    May 8, 2013 at 10:51 pm

20. 0
    He is really enjoying out of mammoth budget allocations without audit queries. Jayawewa

Sarath
    May 8, 2013 at 11:22 pm

21. 0
    Quite a modest young man.

Bamboozled not
    May 8, 2013 at 11:42 pm

• 0
      “Quite a modest young man” with a penchant for “chichi’s”??

mike
      May 15, 2013 at 1:40 pm

22. 0
    Have fun boy…. so many are jealous ,don’t worry get the maximum out of the modayas you deserve it boaaaay……………….. heeeeee haaaa!

Roy
    May 9, 2013 at 1:52 am

• 0
      YES ,LET THEM HAVE FUN, BECAUSE , WE THE MODAYAAS HAVE GIVEN THE “GO TO SPACE SIGN” FOR THEIR FAMILY ENJOYMENT ,WHILE WE THE MODAYAAS ARE CRIMPING AND SCRAPING OUR SAUCEPANS FOR AT LEAST ONE GOOD MEAL A DAY.THEY ARE LUCKY IN THAT THEY ARE GIVEN ALL WHAT THEY WANT,BREAKING ALL THE ROAD RULES SKY RULES SPORTS RULES TO ACCOMMODATE THEIR REQUEST ,SO LET THEM FLY PAST ON THE ROADS AND IN THE SKY AT WHATEVER SPEED THEY WANT,MODAYAAS PLEASE SHUT YOUR MOUTHS,AS YOU ARE NOT THE KING CLASS .

Modayaa
      May 9, 2013 at 7:38 pm

23. 0
    Our Diaspora kids dress better , have hotter chicks,and do only wear designer Sunnies. Night clubs in down town Toronto and Melbourne are chokers with our beautuful Diaspora kids evry weekend. What is the big deal !!!!!

K.A Sumanasekera
    May 9, 2013 at 2:03 am

• 0
      K.A. Sumanasekera: Is there truly no limit to your sycophancy? You never cease to amaze but many of us wonder whether you can eat any real food because your tongue must be heavily coated with you-know-what from you-know-where.

Aney Apochchi!
      May 9, 2013 at 7:09 am

• 0
      Sumane, Forgive me. In Canada and Britain – wherein is the largest concentration of the Tamil diaspora – while I agree they dress better they do not night-club or visit sleazy joints you try to describe as the norm. Girls are taught Bharatha Natyam and boys are advised against smoking/drinking – in the main. Marriages are also within the community – with rare exceptions. In the matter of bringing up children one must admire CBK. Her two children never went regular night-clubbing – burdening the tax-payer – with their security retinue etc. despite the lady being at the helm of affairs from 1994-2006, with a slight interruption. The mother made them to do their studies regularly and both passed out in prestigious schools/Universities. I remember an instance when a couple known to us and to her visited her at Temple Trees. When they enquired of the children she said “they are upstairs – studying” CBKs childreny were never involved in rowdy or questionable behaviour like the off-spring of many Johnny-come-Lately’s to money and power. That must be culture that gets ingrained in many generations of noble upbringing. Senguttuvan

Senguttuvan
      May 9, 2013 at 7:53 am

• 0
        Senguttuvan, Very well describe the reality what we experience in this western world. I found that most of our kids here have more values than average SL kids, perhaps those idiot leaders sons have big influence on those kids to grow without much knowledge on core human values. While we were visiting SL, I have noticed that my daughter kneels down and kiss my mother’s old servant lady with the same respect she showed to her grandma, I noticed my mother was not entirely happy about it. But I was very proud of my daughter. I heard very similar stories from others live here too You mentioned about CBK and her children, i was touched when CBK said her son felt ashamed on some ugly incident happened in SL, I believe those kids have learnt some core human values. I searched the web about the background of Indian PM Dr. Manmohan and his family. Those people seems to be entirely different breed compared to our SL leaders and their families. Anura

Anura
        May 9, 2013 at 1:05 pm

• 0
          Anura, We had a similar experience when my son returned from a somewhat long stay in the US. One of our old maids, a Tamil lady, who was very fond of my son, having looked after him through his childhood, came to see him. My son spontaneously kissed her on both cheeks showing a respect for her which made us proud. As she later told the other kitchen hands, this meant more to her than the presents she received.

Jamal
          May 12, 2013 at 8:11 am

• 0
        Mr Sengu tuan is perhaps 20 years behind .

K.A Sumanasekera
        May 9, 2013 at 1:07 pm

• 0
          Sumane, So you gather some vicarious pleasure in trying to islamicise poor me. My friend, Seran (often miswrit Cheran) Senguttuvan was a legendary South Indian Warrior-King who ruled many areas of South India and beyond. His exploits are part of Indian history and heritage. So please watch your spellings. Senguttuvan

Senguttuvan
          May 9, 2013 at 3:24 pm

• 0
            Hey coxcomb SaintVattuvan, write metaphors in you own animal language without off mark expressions on Islamic references, you are quite often or frequently is known to be a misfit Cheran in the CT circles, a cut-and-paste politics Baron is a well-known fact.

Gapenot
            May 9, 2013 at 8:07 pm

• 0
          K.A Sumanasekera “Mr Sengu tuan is perhaps 20 years behind .” In Senguttuan’s case he may be 20 years behind in your case (Tamils + Sinhalese)about 200,000 years behind.

Native Vedda
          May 9, 2013 at 3:40 pm

• 0
            Yand da Veti-Veddah 1 billion 235 years behindo behind… whattappa thissu, yonnume poriyamatengude cheche?

Krupanandu Warrior
            May 9, 2013 at 8:29 pm

• 0
        How did you fix the above LEGO Language, the phrases in the sentences lacks the element as a subject or verb, dear Mr.Cut&Paste.

Abiola
        May 9, 2013 at 7:49 pm

• 0
      You IDIOT YANNE KOHEDA MALLE POL????????????. WE TAKING ABOUT LOOTING FAMLY’s SONA BOY. Not canda, london, Macau, or Paris. Have any sence???????????.

JULAMPITIYE AMARYA
      May 9, 2013 at 8:31 am

• 0
      Oh for goodness sake man, is there no end to your sucking up to the regime????? The issue in question is that he assaulted a referee and must be brought to task….so your comment on diaspora kids in nightclubs make no bloody sense….unless you are suckin up to malinda seneviratne and his ilk!

aiyo
      May 9, 2013 at 1:01 pm

24. 0
    Looks like the father minus the chinese or indonesian nose! and brains made of pizza which the father shares!

suryagamage nilan
    May 9, 2013 at 4:02 am

25. 0
    A healthy young lad who eats lots of pork and works out regularly. With a beautiful lady friend who does not hide her beauty by wearing a bedsheet. Mr. Rohitha Rajapaksa sets a good example for future Sri Lankans!

Lester
    May 9, 2013 at 4:13 am

• 0
      …and the lousy Odin bursts in Jealousy.

GOdiN
      May 9, 2013 at 8:11 pm

26. 0
    The issue is not his lifestyle. This is his own right to decide. Newspapers have their own right to report about everything according to their reader´s interest We blame our SL media, the remaining “succesful” choir dancing according to their conductor´s baton, which is more than corrupted, did not loose a word about this incident. A referee, who is independant and is nominated to tell his opinion without supporting a grouph is beaten by a player of a grouph. This is the ethics of this society How can we expect in a country like this an independant inquirry and reconcilliation?

Vasu
    May 9, 2013 at 4:47 am

27. 0
    Does anybody know GCE O/L first attempt results of these three brothers and their father ? I am just curious….

Anura
    May 9, 2013 at 5:18 am

• 0
      Native Veddah knows, I beleive….where are Native Veddah…are scared to comment…

J.Muthu
      May 9, 2013 at 10:59 am

• 0
        J.Muthu I cannot comment on their education as you know I don’t judge people by their stupid qualifications. You can only make comment on their pattern of behaviour and how least stupid they are as opposed to how stupid they ought to be.

Native Vedda
        May 9, 2013 at 3:45 pm

• 0
          Native Vedda says, “You can only make comment on their pattern of behaviour and how least stupid they are as opposed to how stupid they ought to be.” One wonders as how to know how stupid one is ought to be. :P

Immigrant Sudda
          May 14, 2013 at 4:29 am

28. 0
    Typical trailer trash yobbo values this young punk has.. Is this the sinhala Buddhist values his father preaches to the foolish voters.while young kids his age try to get three meals a day and a decent education here s this fellow with a pea size brain caries on about his chick,his food tastes,designer clothes cars,. Daily mirror you guys who publish this type shit glorifying a parasitic family of uncaring new rich dictators of questionable intelligence should have a rethink re news worthy stories.and what happened to that story re his exhibition of martial skills assaulting a referee.? Can’t expect decent behavior from an uncultred yakko that comes from weeraketiya.

Ravi ratnayake
    May 9, 2013 at 6:08 am

• 0
      I believe this is a very clever interview by DM, intended to show the people who can THINK, what the Royal family is upto!

Pol Pot
      May 10, 2013 at 3:29 pm

29. 0
    Spoiled Brat!

JS Sloan
    May 9, 2013 at 9:28 am

30. 0
    JR had one son who was a pilot, marksman, and defence advisor to president. Premadasa had one who got the political inheritance at an early age since LTTE killed his father. Dingiri Banda Wijetunge had no sons it seems and Chandrika has one who is called Vimukthi meaning liberation for that’s all any media has so far told us.President Rajapakse is clearly the winner here too and may rightfully be the proud father HE claims to be.

menik perera
    May 9, 2013 at 9:38 am

• 0
      how much do you charge for freelancing?

Immigrant Sudda