Filed under: News |

By Colombo Telegraph

Religious freedom in the bus6
A Muslim bus driver stunned commuters by pulling over and beginning to pray in the aisle.

The bizarre incident on the No.152 bus in Burlington Road, New Malden, South London last night (29th”) 7.pm . There were no passengers in the bus, but it blocked traffic behind the bus.

Religious freedom in the bus5
Muslim drivers have been reminded repeatedly that they should pray during rest periods between journeys to avoid delays by the Transport for London . One passenger said to Colombo Telegraph that “they don’t care the inconveniences face by the commuters “

A Muslim commuter who was waiting for a bus said “The prayer rug has a very strong symbolic meaning and traditionally taken care of in a holy manner.  It is disrespectful for one to place a prayer mat in a dirty location.”

pictures by Colombo Telegraph

Religious freedom in the bus7
Religious freedom in the bus4
Religious freedom in the bus
Religious freedom in the bus2
Religious freedom in the bus4
Print Friendly

17 Responses to Muslim bus driver pulls over and begins praying in the aisle – Religious freedom in London – An exclusive Picture Story

1. 0
    I notice many people saying that this would not happen in a Muslim country. I was in Morocco recently, the coach pulled away from its stand at 12 noon as it was timetabled to do, then the driver turned it to face Mecca and stopped. An Imam (I presume?) boarded the coach and led the passengers in prayers. A collection was then taken, precise purpose unknown, the Imam left the bus and we proceeded on our journey. My thought at the time was to wonder what would happen if all London buses stopped at 12 noon and a clergyman boarded to lead the passengers in reciting the Angelus.

Peter
    September 30, 2011 at 4:48 pm

2. 0
    If this is allowed to continue maybe the next time a train maybe stopped or even a plane put on auto pilot just before landing. This extremism of religious zest should be personal and practiced at home or a mosque.

Polpot
    September 30, 2011 at 4:48 pm

• 0
      respect a person who respects his religion & disrespect a person who disrespect his religion

shimla khan
      March 1, 2012 at 4:31 pm

• 0
        God.Al ha ha ha.. a being whose only definition is that he is beyond man’s power to conceive. Happily Agnostic

Wuliangguobinjiu
        November 30, 2012 at 7:28 am

3. 0
    this driver is an idiot, and so are his company managers. he should be sacked at once.

Kurstry - Harrow
    September 30, 2011 at 4:50 pm

4. 0
    If religious types want to pay homage to fairies at the bottom of the garden, fine, that’s their delusion. But their minds work beyond rational thought, which has the potential in some to be dangerous. This kind of stuff should be kept private.

Ajith Dhanapala - Toronto
    September 30, 2011 at 4:55 pm

• 0
      You have no knowledge of PRIVATE!!!!! Very Shame

shimla khan
      March 1, 2012 at 4:34 pm

5. 0
    Organised religion is my bugbear and the one thing I would wish away if I sat on a magic lamp. I like the Jeffersonian Christian view…that Jesus was a real bloke who did nice things and told others to do nice things. Thats it. As soon as history starts weaving myths around people, it gets ridiculous. I find it amazing that people still believe in the “full” religions still….then I think about some of the people I see every day at work and my suprise lessens.

Cathy
    September 30, 2011 at 5:09 pm

6. 0
    “It is an offence to leave a vehicle with the engine running, Contrary to regulation 107(1) of the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986, section 42 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and Schedule 2 to the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988. You can be arrested without warrant. Should someone be looking into this ?” Can anyone shed some light on this guys comment?

Robin
    September 30, 2011 at 5:15 pm

7. 0
    This driver have no clue about Islam ,crazy Id###, I am a Muslim but Islam never say to do like this.

Muheed - Panadura
    September 30, 2011 at 6:51 pm

8. 0
    I think people should understand their social requirements first before think on their personal requirements.I simpley get the prorities right.

Karu
    October 2, 2011 at 9:14 am

9. Pingback: Elektrische Zahnbuerste

10. 0
    what a fucking retard. I feel sorry for this lunatic. I think we need a proper education system. “Teach the Teachers first” I mean speaking with the sky daddy can be done anytime any minute while you are humping or shitting. “Oh God”

Bodinayaka
    January 10, 2012 at 8:42 pm

11. 0
    This is too much to allow for any Religon. If the Athurities allow this type of Stupid show off’s, This is going to be worst later. These [Edited out] do not do these at home, This showes how much uneducated these followers are, To beleave unseen Sky or under ground God.

hansan
    February 26, 2012 at 3:13 am

12. Pingback: London: HSBC Bank Sorry For Displaying Sri Lankan National Flag | Colombo Telegraph

13. Pingback: Announce question of Ezham Tamils as South Asian issue: TESO resolution « UKTamilNews.com

14. Pingback: London: HSBC Bank Sorry For Displaying Sri Lankan National Flag « Sri Lanka