Proving Sirisena’s attempts to whitewash himself of his direct culpability in Easter attacks IGP Pujith Jayasundara – who has been sent on compulsory leave – in his Fundamental Rights petition has revealed the Police was instructed on April 08, 2018 to stop investigating into extremist Muslim groups.
Content of Jayasundara’s FR petition filed a few days ago, note the State Intelligence Service (SIS) in a letter, specifically instructed the Terrorist Investigation Division (TID) to suspend all investigations into extremist Muslim factions linked with international terrorist organisations.
He particularly mentions in petition that an investigation was open into the activities of the National Thawheed Jamath but the TID was instructed on April 8th, 2018 to suspend inquiries, as ‘such investigations caused prejudice to the secret investigations being carried out by the SIS.”
Pujith Jayasundara further states that the President excluded him from attending National Security Council meetings from early October 2018, until after the Easter Sunday terrorist attacks on April 21.
IGP claims that the President required SIS Director Nilantha Jayawardana to report directly to him.
Jayasundara filed his FR petition last week, challenging Sirisena’s decision to send him on Compulsory Leave following Easter attacks and growing criticism of the government’s lackadaisical approach to matters of national security.
In his petition, Jayasundara names the Attorney General (AG), Acting IGP C.D. Wickramaratne, Members of the Constitutional Council (CC), Director SIS Nilantha Jayawardena, Chief of National Intelligence (CNI) Sisira Mendis and former Defence Secretary Hemasiri Fernando as respondents.
Jayasundara asked Supreme Court to:
1. Grant Leave to Proceed with this application;
2. Make Declaration that the actions of H. E. the President and/or the 3A to 3J Respondentsimpugned have infringed the fundamental rights of the Petitioner guaranteed under Article 12(1) of the Constitution and/or that such infringement continues;
3. Make Declaration that the actions of H. E. the Presidentand/or the 3A to 3J Respondents impugned have infringed the fundamental rights of the Petitioner guaranteed under Article 14(1)(g) of the Constitution and/or that such infringement continues;
4. Make Declaration that the operation of the letter dated 29th April 2019 (marked P9) and consequential steps constitute infringement of the fundamental rights of the Petitioner guaranteed under Article 12(1) and/or Article 14(1)(g) of the Constitution;
5. Make Declaration that further infringement of the fundamental rights of the Petitioner guaranteed under Article 12(1) and/or Article 14(1)(g) of the Constitution is imminent;
6. Make Declaration that actions of H.E. the President and/or the 3A to 3J Respondents to exclude the Petitioner from office without recourse to the proper procedure and/or any steps to remove the Petitioner from office without due recourse to the provisions of the Removal of Officers (Procedure) Act No. 05 of 2002 constitute infringement of the fundamental rights of the Petitioner guaranteed under Article 12(1) and/or Article 14(1)(g) of the Constitution and/or that further such infringement is imminent;
7. Make an Order setting aside the decision of the President to send the Petitioner on compulsory leave as reflected in P9;
8. Make Order setting aside the appointment and confirmation by the President and/or the 3A to 3J Respondents of the 2nd Respondent as Acting Inspector General of Police;
9. Make an interim order suspending the decision of the President to send the Petitioner on compulsory leave as reflected in “P9” until the hearing and final determination of this application;
10. Make an interim order suspending the appointment and/or confirmation by the President and/or the 3A to 3J Respondents of the 2nd Respondent as Acting Inspector General of Police until the hearing and final determination of this application;
11. Make an interim order preventing steps by H.E. the President to remove the Petitioner from the office of Inspector General of Police until the hearing and final determination of this application;
12. Grant costs; and
13. Grant such further and other relief(s) as to Your Lordships’ Court shall seem meet.
To read the full petition click here
Exclusive: Sirisena Briefed About Easter Sunday Attacks 10 Days Before: Protects SIS Chief, Lies About IGP And Defence Secretary
Craig / June 4, 2019
Lets hope the Supreme Court will fry the President again. There can be no other outcome from this FRP.
Native Vedda / June 4, 2019
Aren’t you aware of the unique Fatwa which was pronounced by Sinhala/Buddhist Mufti Hopper Sirisena on courts about a year ago? Courts under no circumstances should prosecute Ranavirus even if they had looted, killed, raped (including his son, daughter, wife, sisters, daughter in law, brothers, sisters, ……) …………..
A fatwā is a nonbinding legal opinion on a point of Islamic law given by a qualified jurist in response to a question posed by a private individual, judge or government.
S. Modaya / June 4, 2019
This clown Pujith and his patron Bondscam Ranil must go and share same prison cell with US citizen war criminal Gota and his brothers
Pujith patron, US puppet bondscam Ranil, must be impeached for looting the Central Bank and for aiding and abbeting the CIA and its Saudi Proxy to cause the carnage in Sri Lanka so that US can sign SOFA and set up its military base to fight China, of course under the pretext of fighting IS terrorism.
Time to ask the US to get out of the Indian Ocean and take its war ships and war toys with it instead of causing oil spills and other environmental Disasters just like it did the Easter sunday one, so that it can then send marine on humanitarian missions!
Ha ha ha US thinks that the Miracle of Modayas is even more Moda than it is!
umberto / June 4, 2019
I have my doubts.
Hope your dream comes true.
anonymous / June 4, 2019
“I have my doubts, Hope .”
Four ‘fetters’ out of five, not bad at all of showing your ‘ignorance’.
ADJP / June 4, 2019
In the first place, the man made the initial mistake in greedily jumping the queue. He conspiree for the job, well beyond his turn, thanks to the undue interference of two notorious politically inclined powerful Buddhist priests suffering an established history of such ugly interferences in high Govt service appointments. Naturally, the near-neophyte earned the wrath of other senior Police officers waiting in the line. The low-IQ gamaya brought the high office of IGP to utter disrepute with such comic acts like Meditation, dancing in public and so on. Oh! Gone are the days of distinguished Gentleman IGP’s who enhanced distinction to the post held by respected men like Dowbiggin, Sir Richard Aluvihare, Osmund de Silva, Ana Seneviratne, Cyril Herath and others. But then, sadly, that is what has happened to the downward spiral of almost all aspects of Govt services. Its the law of the jungle now in the upper echelons of State services.
chiv / June 4, 2019
At least Pujitha will have his day in court, bringing out the shit (along with PSC) on MS and Rajapaksas.
Champa / June 4, 2019
This is not right.
Besides, IGP cannot win the case.
The instructions given in the Note he is talking about may be wrong. But it is a confidential document.
The President has the power to send him on compulsory leave.
This is a common habit in Sri Lankan politics. Water always flows downhill.
SJ / June 4, 2019
“Besides, IGP cannot win the case.”
The point that was made was not about winning or losing.
The man has the right to be heard, and what he says should matter.
Champa / June 5, 2019
He is a government official. He is not supposed to reveal matters of confidential nature.
Babi aachchi / June 5, 2019
So a jilted political lackey seeks justice from his lying and incompetent patron who, in turn, is conspiring to retain power by aligning himself with the murderers he once-vilified while a nincompoop of a prime minister wanders aimlessly with bondscam Ravi and the likes in tow.
Enjoy the show, folks.
Frank N. Stein / June 5, 2019
Nice work, Babi Aachchi
In any other society, you would have received more than a
RAJEEV / June 5, 2019
WHICH WAY DOES YOUR WATER FLOW???