One day after Voice Against Corruption lodging a complaint against the massive scale financial fraud committed by the illegally appointed fake director of Sri Jayewardenepura General Hospital Dr Susitha Senaratne yesterday, he was removed from his fake appointment today via letter, Colombo Telegraph learns reliably.
Susitha Senaratne, banned from attending even the Board Meetings of the hospital by the courts due to the illegal nature of his appointment is a political appointee and an accolate of Rajitha Senaratne, Minister of Health.
Today, via a letter delivered by Dr Athula Kahandaliyanage, chairman SJGH, Susitha Senaratne, was informed that he is transferred back to Lady Ridgeway Hospital, NHSL where he will go back to being a medical officer.
Colombo Telegraph earlier exposed a mega financial fraud where Suistha Senaratne has paid Telichanneling PVT Limited nearly 18 million rupees of public money for a document digitalizing project. This fake company whose address and telephone numbers were also found to be fake, has Susitha Senaratne’s wife Ancy Senaratne as a director. Ancy Senaratne is a medical officer at the OPD of Central Hospital Maradana.
For over 4 years, the majority of the specialists of SJGH, vast majority of the nurses and other staff have been battling this corrupt political stooge. Athula Kahandaliyanage amidst mounting pressure to take action following the Government Auditor’s report exposing the massive fraud of document digitalizing project of SJGH finally subjugated to the due administrative stance regarding Susitha Senaratne.
Wasantha Samarasinghe, convener of the Voice Against Corruption has submitted all the relevant evidence pertaining to the massive financial and administrative fraud to the following investigative bodies.
1. The FCID /the Sri Lanka Police
2. Commission for the investigation of allegations of bribery or corruption
3. Presidential investigation unit
4. Presidential investigation commission
In their submission to the above mentioned bodies, Voice Against Corruption has presented the evidence on the following:
1. Administrative corruption committed by appointing a completely unqualified individual to a tertiary care hospital as director and perpetuating his appointment by illegal means.
2. Massive financial fraud committed by Susitha Senaratne in paying 18 million rupees to a company directored by his wife Ancy Senaratne and all the tender irregularities surrounding this fraud.
3. Financial and administrative frauds surrounding the purchase of a Rs 23.5 million worth incinerator by Susitha Senaratne
4. The financial fraud of Rs 55.0 million surrounding the purchase of new lifts to the hospital by Susitha Senaratne
5. Submission of false and doctored documents to the judiciary to justify his illegal appointment in violation with the regulations and the circulars of the government of Sri Lanka
6. Submission of false details and dates regarding overseas travel to the Ministry of Health and submitting false data about his professional grade and occupational details.
7. Drawing a salary of Rs 350 000 per month from Lanka Hospitals, another government enterprise “while working full time at SJGH”This submission by the Voice Against Corruption has been accepted by all the investigative bodies to which it was submitted and police and relevant units are alerted about the possible manipulations and theft of documents and their alteration/ destruction that is expected in the days to come.
Several specialists under allegations of financial corruption, money laundering, tender irregularities have relented under duress and inducement by Senaratne are still desperately lobbying for Senaratne.
Contacted by Colombo Telegraph a specialist stated “we are happy that Athula Kahandaliyanage who was protecting Senaratne for so long finally surrendered to the rule of law. As a senior administrator he knows that these verifiable financial frauds are serious and will stand alone as evidence of Susitha Senaratne’s illegal activities. The honest specialists, nurses and employees were harassed, deprived of the opportunity to serve the patients under the tyranny of this corrupt fake director. The Board members who supported this corrupt man should be ashamed. The ex – fake director’s biggest stooge, the Acting Deputy Director Prabhath Werawatte has been appointed to act as director for the time being. We are waiting for a legitimate director to be appointed following the due process”.
A nurse stated “one year ago we, the nurses had the guts to get on the streets against this corrupt man with no qualifications. I’m glad that the majority of the specialists have finally rallied around what is right. Even at this moment the four matrons who are the stooges of this fake director are in his office with a few of his stooges. All we want is for our hospital to serve the patients, it should be a place where we can work in peace”.
A medical officer quoting for Colombo Telegraph stated “finally justice has prevailed. We worked under exceptionally corrupt conditions where this fake director induced the SJGH GMOA branch president, secretary and office bearers. I’m sad to say that these GMOA members even went to the Minister to beg him to keep this corrupt man in our hospital. We lost our honor as doctors. I’m happy that majority of our specialists has the moral character to oppose this man. The minor staff and nurses too were great. Now the LRH Radiology department can enjoy their returning MO. We are free of him”.
Colombo Telegraph reliably learns that Voice Against Corruption will be making similar submissions about Susitha Senaratne’s network of individuals working closely with suppliers, tenderers and money launderers to carry out these frauds. These include some of the prominent specialists at SJGH, the office staff of the ex-fake director and officers of the administration and financial sections of the hospital.