Transnational Government of Tamil Eelam (TGTE) today released the names of its first lot of Sri Lanka’s War Criminals and those allegedly committed genocide against Tamils. This first lot includes names of current President, a former President, several diplomats and military leaders.
The TGTE’s alleged list of names of war criminals and those who committed genocide against Tamils as follows;
1) PERCY MAHENDRA “MAHINDA” RAJAPAKSA – Current President of Sri Lanka and Commander in Chief of Sri Lankan Armed Forces. (Elected 2005, Re-elected 2010)
2) CHANDRIKA BANDRANAIKE KUMARATUNGE – Former President of Sri Lanka from November 12, 1994 to November 19, 2005.
3) GOTABAYA RAJAPAKSA – Secretary to the Ministry of Defense and Urban Development. Appointed by his brother who was elected President.
4) SARATH FONSEKA – Former Army Chief/Commander of Sri Lanka Army and former Chief of Defense Staff (appointed by President Mahinda Rajapaksa)(resigned on November 16, 2009).
5) JAGATH DIAS – Major General Commanding 57th Division of the Sri Lankan Army
NOTE: He was the Deputy Ambassador of Sri Lanka to Switzerland, Germany and the Vatican but was stripped of his diplomatic statute due to allegation of having committed war crimes in 2011.
6) SHAVENDRA SILVA – TITLE: Brigadier Major General of the 58th Division
CURRENT POSITION: Deputy Permanent Representative to the UN in New York. He was also appointed to be on the Special Advisory Group on Peacekeeping Operations in January 2012 but was excluded from participating in the committee.
7) NANDANA UDAWATTA – TITLE: General Officer Commanding 59th Division
CURRENT POSITION: Deputy Chief of Mission of Russia as of January 4, 2012
8) KAMAL GUNERATNE – TITLE: Former General Officer Commanding 53rd Division and
Current Position: Deputy Head of Mission of Brazil.
9) THISARA SAMARASINGHE – TITLE: Former Commander of the Eastern and Northern Naval Area (2007-2009) but during the final month of war he was Navy Chief of Staff
CURRENT POSITION: High Commissioner to Australia
10) G.A. CHANDRASIRI – TITLE: Former Commander 52nd Division (2002-2003) and former Security Forces Commander – Jaffna (December 2005-2009).
CURRENT POSITION: Governor of Northern Province.
11) WASANTHA KARANNAGODA – TITLE: Commander of the Sri Lankan Navy
CURRENT POSITION: Ambassador to Japan
12) PALITHA KOHANA – CURRENT POSITION: Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Sri Lanka to the UN