It seems the recently appointed cabinet of President Maithri‘s government is a ‘Royal’ cabinet as close to half of its members are incidentally Royalists.
Some 11 of the total 27 Cabinet Ministers are old Boys of Royal College to which includes the Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe himself. The other royalists are:
* Lakhman Kiriella – Minister of Plantation Industries
* Ravi Karunanayake – Minister of Finance
* Rauf Hakeem – Minister of Urban Development, Water Supply and Drainage
* Duminda Dissanayake – Minister of Irrigation
* Kabeer Hashim – Minister of Highways and Investment Promotion
* Sajith Premadasa – Minister of Housing and Samurdhi
* D.M. Swaminathan – Minister of Resettlement, Reconstruction and Hindu Affairs
* Gayantha Karunathilake – Minister of Media
* Naveen Dissanayake – Minister of Tourism
Meanwhile State minister Faizer Musthapha and two Deputy Ministers Dr Harsha de Silva and Eran Wickramaratne are also from the Royal College.