Through CA (Writ) 135/2013, 702 more Jaffna Tamils have challenged the purported acquisition on similar ground to the 1474 petitioners in CA (Writ) 125/2013, and further complain that the so-called acquisitions are being done in a manner that prevents them from objecting to acquisition on important grounds, such as denial of their rights under Tesawalamai, the personal law of Tamils of the Jaffna Peninsula.
We publish below the petition in full;
In The Court Of Appeal Of The Democratic Socialist Republic Of Sri Lanka
In the matter of an application under Article 140 of the Constitution for Mandates in the nature of Writs of Certiorari and Prohibition
CA (Writ) Application No: 135/2013
- Tharmalingam Navaratnam of Hospital Road, Achchuvely South, Achchuvely
- Ilayathamby Ponnampalam of Hospital Road, Achchuvely South, Achchuvely
- Manogowry Suthakar of Pathameni, Achuveli.
- Thankamma, nee Katheresu, widow of Sellathurai of Sannathe Road, Achuveli
- Kiddinan Parameswari of Puttur West, Navakkiri
- Jeganthy Nakendram of Puttur West, Navakkiri
- Selvarani alias Selvamaney, widow of Kunapalasinkam of Urumbiri West, Urumbrai
- Poomany Muthuthamby of Urumbirai South, Urumbirai
- Indra, widow of Sinnathurai of Puloli West, Point Pedro.
- Rathnam, widow of Sellaiah of Puloly North, Point Pedro
- Kathiresan Rasanatham of Meesalai east, Meesalai.
- Sinnathamby Gunaratnam of Puloly North East, Point Pedro
- Sinnathamby Eswary of Puloly North East, Point Pedro.
- Pasupathy Theivendram of Ureli East, chunnakam.
- Nakalingam Murugiah of Alaveddy North, Alaveddy.
- Nakuleswary Murugiah of Alveddy North, Alaveddy.
- Inparani Vickneswaramoorthy of Earlalai East, Earlalai.
- Nageswary Ponnuthurai of no. 10, Avarankal.
- Pathmalosini Subramaniam of Pillaiyar Illam, Alaveddy North
- Sivanathan Sarathadevi of Mather’s Lane, Manipay.
- Vallipuram Mahalingam of Kalasalai Veethy, Thirunelvely North.
- Theivanaipillai Navaratnam of Atchuvely Centre, Atchuvely.
- Sinnathambi Ravi of Konapulavairavar Kovilady,Mallakam.
- Sellaiah Neethiraja of Atchuvely West, Atchuvely.
- Sivagnanam Sellamuthu of Kulukandy Lane, Kopay South
- Muthukumaru Gunaratnam of Vadakomparai, Chulipuram.
- Rasalingam Poomani of Kuppilan North, Kuppilan.
- Sulosana Jeyathasan of Puthuveedu Kurukampani, of Kankesanthurai.
- POAH: Sulosana Jeyathasan of Puthuveedu Kurukampani, Kankesanthurai.
- Rayappu Benedict of 399, Main Street, Jaffna.
- Sivagnanam Sukumaran of Nagalingam Road, Kokuvil West.
- Pandarinathan Kunalan of Keniyady Kuppilan North
- Vallipuram Ladsumy of 162, Navalar Veethy, Jaffna.
- Varapragasam Antonyta Jeyakumary of Chetty Seema Lane, Atchuvely.
- Sellammah Ilayathambi of Urelu East Chunnakam.
- Thavamani Kandasamy of Tellippali East, Tellippalai.
- Sinnarasa Ladsumy of Alaveddy East, Alaveddy.
- Iyankan Thiroviyam of Urumpirai South, Urumpirai.
- Sivasubramaniam Saravanapavan of Inuvil South, Inuvil.
- Veluppillai Balasubramaniam of Urumpirai North Urumpirai
- Gowri Satkuneswaran nee Sornalingan of Urumpirai West, Urumpirai.
- Vairamuthu Palasekaratnam,alias Sivapalaratnam of Punnalaikadduvan south, Chunnakam.
- Soosaipillai Mariya Gnanenthiran of 32/28, Press Lane, Jaffna.
- Subramaniam Rasammah of Suthumalai Road, Thavady.
- Appukuddy Kanapathippilai of Suthumalai Road, Thavady
- Sivalai Ponnampalam of Kopay Road, Urumpirai.
- Ranjinidevi shanmuganathan of Kopay Road, Urumpirai.
- Kandaiah Rasathurai of Palaly road, Urumpirai North.
- Puvanayakapaku Mankayatkarasi nee Appathurai of Earlalai North, Earlalai.
- Thampaiah Kathiramalai of Amman Veethy, Thirunelvely.
- Jeyanthy Kathirkamanathan of Courts road, Mallakam
- Mallikadevi Thevarasa of Kadduvan West, Tellippalai.
- Kandiah Parameswary of Mavaikaladdy Tellippalai.
- Kandaiah Kanagalingam of Eranthanai, Puttur.
- Jeyaratnam Pusparani of Uduvil West, Chunnakam
- Navaratnam Annapackiam of Alaveddy East, Alaveddy.
- Ampalavanar Sriranganathan of Tholpuram West, Chulipuram.
- Kandaiah Manoharan of Siruppidy West, Neervely
- Vimaladevi widow of Panchadsaram of Hindu College, Lane, Urumpirai.
- Vairamuthu Jeyapavani of Urelu West, Chunnakam
- Kovinthan Karunavathy of Atchuvely North, Atchuvely.
- Pusparasa Mekala of Atchuvely North, Atchuvely.
- Kathirkamamuthali Shanmugathasan of Suthumalai North, Manipay.
- Kathiramu Thiyagarajah of Manchathady, Inuvil.
- Anitha Thanarajah nee Thiyagarajah of Ramanathan Veethy, Jaffna.
- Sumathy Rasaratnam of Arasady Veethy, Suthumalai
- Thambu Nageswary of Arasady Veethy, Suthumalai
- Kanthasamy Vijayajeevan of Serukapulam Tellippalai.
- Yogaratnam Mayooran of 90, Champion Lane, Kokuvil.
- Ratnasingan Nanthini of Sabapathpillai Veethy, Chunnakam.
- Valli Naguleswary of Uduvil East, Uduvil.
- Nishanthy Sivaharan of Earlalai West, Earlalai.
- Suntharamoorthy Somaskanthamoorthy of Vaddu East, Sithankerny.
- Pusparajah Rasaldsumy of Ilavalai North, Ilavalai.
- Rasathurai Kantharasa of Kondavil East, Kondavil.
- Ponnaiah Kanesanantham of Kottawaththai ,Valvettithurai
- Vijayarani Kunarasa of Suthumalai East, Arasady Veethy, Manipay.
- Balachandramoorthy Ranesh of Urumpirai North, Urumpirai.
- Sellan Paramasivam of Sakthi Illam, Kondavil
- Kandaiah Ratnam of Neervely Centre, Neervely.
- Cilamont Moses of Udupiddy Road, Thondaimanaru
- Sivarajasingam Nesaranjini of Keniyady Kuppilan North.
- Ponnampalam Kandaiah of Puttur West, Puttur.
- Sellammah Sivasambu of Imaiyanan West, Uduppiddy.
- Thambaiah Jeyarajah of Karaikal Veethy, Inuvil.
- Rasaratnam Rasakumar of Madathady Veethy, Kandarodai.
- Sinnappu Vijayaratnam of Raja Veethy Kopay South.
- Kandaiah Tharmalingam of Kallakadduvan, Chunnakam
- Kanapathipillai Parameswary of Neervely North, Neervely.
- Maheswary Thavamani of Nayanmarkaddu, Nallur.
- Iyampillai Uruthiramoorthy of Suthumalai Centre, Manipay.
- Valarmathy Ravichandran of Suthumalai North, Manipay.
- Rettammah Vethanayagam of 29/10 Maruthady Veethy, Jaffna.
- Margret, widow of Benadict of 29/10, Maruthady Veethy, Jaffna.
- Karuval Vilvakily of Nedunkulam, Colombothurai.
- Vaithy Subramaniam of Manatpulam, Alaveddy.
- Navamani, widow of Vellimalai of Konavalai Vasavilan.
- Vijayamala Manoharan nee Rasanayagam of Pathirakalikovilady, Thirunelvely.
- Parasakthy Kanagarajeswaran of 5/5 Periyamathavady Chunnakam South.
- Maickal Simiyon of Uduvil Road, Manipay.
- Pethurupillai Mariyaseelan of Karunananithy Community Centre, Valvetty.
- Pillaiyan Kantharuban of Aluvai West, Point Pedro.
- Pooranam Ponnuthurai of Konappulam, Mallakam.
- Subejini Nagalenthiran of Konappulam, Mallakam.
- Thevarany Velthasan of Chunnakam East, Chunnakam
- Balasaroja Kandasamy of Shandilipay Centre, Shandilipay
- Annapakkiyam Maical of Niddilupay Pillayar Kovilady, Kondavil.
- Nagesu Thillaivasagar of New Chemmany Veethi, Kalviyankadu, Nallur North.
- Moorthy Kidnar of Neethavam, w.c. Mallakam.
- Kathiresu Mahenthiram of KKS Veethy, Mallakam.
- Rasathurai Rasakumar of Puttur East, Puttur.
- Thambaiya Kathiramalai of Amman Veethi, Thirunelveli.
- Kanagaratnam Rajeswaryammal of Pannalai, Tellippalai.
- Vallipuram Visvalingam of Power Station Road, Chunnakam.
- Velayutham Vickneswaran of Sabapathipillaiveethi, Chunnakam South.
- Ilayathambi Sivathasamoorthi of Pandarikulam, Vavuniya.
- Parashakthi Ramachandran of Kirula Road, Narahenpita.
- Karthigesu Vishnanthamoorthy of Karaveddy East, Karaveddy.
- Parameswary Udaiyar of Alaveddy North, Alaveddy.
- Bajini Bakeerathan nee Palasekaram of Vada Liadaippu, Pandatharippu.
- Siththam Kandasamy of Kopay Road, Urumpirai South, Urumpirai.
- Isai Ganananthy, widow of Poopalasingam nee Thanapathipillai of Urumpirai East, Urumpirai.
- Sellar Arulpiragasam of Kurumankadu, Vavuniya.
- Ponnuthurai Thavarasa of Mayfield Road, Kotehena.
- Sellathurai Eeshwarapalan of Pandarikulam Vavuniya
- Sivashakthi Ilyathampi of Thavady North, Thavady.
- Subramaniyam Kandaseelan of Abayapura, Thirukonamalai.
- Inayeswary Joganathan of Vaanveethi, Puttalam.
- Muththulingam Sivarasa of E.S. Fernando Road, Wellawatte, Colombo 6.
- Maharangini Eeshwaranantham of Initium road, Dehiwela.
- Ponnambalam Karalasingam of Kannagasabi Road, Manipay.
- Selvamanikkam Thanaluxmy of Tetikkapulam, Tellipai.
- Jeyarani Pannerselvam, nee Poopalasingam of Suvanthirapuram, Vasavilan.
- Saraswathi Thampiya of Suntharapuram, Vasavilan.
- Nagendra Akileswary nee Mahalingam of Sri Perera Mawatha, Colombo 13.
- Loganathan Prammatesan of Kenniyady, Kokuvil West, Kokuvil.
- Kanapathipillai Sivasukumaran of 91A, Sri Shangarajah Road, Kalubowila, Dehiwela.
- Muththuthambi Sivasubramaniyam of Madduvil South, Chavakachcheri.
- Maheswari widow of Annamalai of Thavady South, Kokuvil.
- Kanmalar widow of Ramachandran of Thavady East, Kokuvil.
- Tharaka Kiruparasa of Manipay South, Manipay
- Subramaniyam Kanagalingam of Udaiyarkaddu, Puthukudiyiruppu.
- Sivapalan Thuruparan of Udaiyarkaddu South, Mullaitheivu.
- Uthayaseelan Kaadimathi of Paththameni Atchuveli.
- Premalath Baskaran nee Poothan of 29, Channel Lane,Thirukonamalai.
- Vallipuram Thiruchelvam of Sarasalai Centre, Chavakkachcheri.
- Sellaiya Kandaiya of Karanavai Centre, Araveddy.
- Sarashwathy Chandrasekaram nee Kanapathipillai of Neerveli North, Neerveli.
- Roman Charles Xavier Nesaraja of Bishops’ House, Jaffna.
- Balasubramaniyam Rasaththy of Onampalai Road, Kokuvil.
- Veluppillai Vimalasingam of Arali Road, Chankanni.
- Kandaiya Subramaniyam of Thoppu Achuveli.
- Thiyakarasa Selvarani of Kanapathipillainagar, Sangaladi – 01.
- Mahendran Yokarani of Sengaladi Batticaloa.
- Sathananthanayagam Navamani of Kokuvil East, Kokuvil.
- Karunanayaki Athikarsingam nee Singanayagam of Chunnakam West, Chunnakam.
- Nagaratnam Kirushanthi of Mannar road, Vavuniya.
- Ratnam Srikanthan of Kilavithottam, Karaveddy East, Karaveddy.
- Sellaiya Sivamalar of Maamangam, Mattakalappu.
- Yasotha Jeyakumaran of 47 – 1/1 Station Avenue, Colombo 6.
- Yasothai Sivapathashakthi of St. James’ Mahavidyalam, Kurunagar.
- Palani Nagamuththu of Vevan Road, Point Pedro.
- Paramalingam Mahendirasa of Inuvil West, Chunnakam.
- Kandasamy Puvaneswary of Pannalai Tellippalai.
- Thilakarani Sharvanantham of Kopay South, Kopay.
- Sivalingam Sivashakthi of Sundarapuram, Vasavilan .
- Paramsothy Sivanan of Nunavil East, Chavakachcheri.
- Rasan Nirmaladevi of Chunnakam South, Chunnakam.
- Gnaneswary widow of Thiyakaraja of Chunnakam South, Chunnakam.
- Vythilingam Yokeswaran of 21/1, Kumarasamy Road, Kandarmadam, Jaffna.
- Yalini Yogeswaran 21/1 Kumarasamy Road, Kandarmadam, Jaffna.
- Sebamalaiamma Sebamalanayaki alias Jesuthas of Thumbalai, Point Pedro.
- Amarawathy Nagamany of Chunnakam South, Chunnakam.
- Senthuja Pathmaraj of Manipay North east, Manipay.
- Sivamany Thillainadarasa of Earlalai North, Earlalai.
- Sinnar Sarawanamuthu of Atchuveli South, Atchuveli.
- Paramananthan Nirmalasekaran of Alaveddy North, Alaveddy.
- Kandaiya Meenachchi of Neerveli North, Neerveli.
- Aarumugam Thambirasa of Neerveli North, Neerveli.
- Muththurai Thilakarasa of Chunnakam South, Chunnakam.
- Sinnathambi Sivaraja of Kokuvil East, Kokuvil.
- Muthathambi Selvarasa of Kokuvil East, Kokuvil.
- Kamilini Manoharan of Park Road, Colombo 5.
- Vanaya Srirangan of Hamilton Lane, Wellawatte, Colombo 6.
- Vallipuram Rasathurai of Uduvil East, Chunnakam.
- Thambipillai Shanmugasundaram of Thavady North, Kokuvil.
- Thanikasalam Kunamany of Nanthavil Road, Kokuvil.
- Shivapathamalar Sinnaiya of Madduvil South, Chavakacheri.
- Subramaniyam Kengathevi of Earlalai Centre, Earlalai.
- Poomani Kandaiya of Uduvil North, Chunnakam
- Jeyalaxmiamma Sivasami of Urumpirai North, Urumpirai.
- Ranjitha Rani Kanakaratnam nee Shanmugam of Vaddu East, Silhankerni.
- Vairamuththan Sivanesan of Vasivalan South, Tidarpulam.
- Mahadevarani Pusparaja of Unit 1, Mulhiyawalai.
- Mary Anne Selvanayakam of Alvai North West, Alvai.
- Mary Stella Mariyaxavier of Mulhivaikkal, Mullaiteivu.
- Tharsan Varuthapirabalini of Moraiveva, Trincomalee.
- Sellan Thirunavakkarasu of Irasa Veethi Kopai.
- Sellappa Balasundaram of 48/13, 1st Lane, Point Pedro Road, Jaffna.
- Sivakala Balachandran of Pulloli North, Point Pedro.
- Kandaiya Kanakasabai of Iyanan Road, Sandillippai.
- Yokalaximi Chandrasekaran of Chunnnakam South, Chunnakam.
- Kanakasapai Pakthi Manokaran, Thambasaiddy, Point Pedro
- Thankarasa Vijitha, Lighthouse lane, Point Pedro
- Kanakaraththinam Kanakesvaran, Thunalai Centre, Karaveddy
- Sivanthiny Irajesvaran, Thambasiddy, Point Pedro
- Arumukam Pavalakanthan, Varnavai Centre, Karanavai
- Santhiranvathaney, wife of Francis, Inbersiddy, Point Pedro
- Jokarani Uthajasoorthan, Puloley West, Point Pedro
- Nakarani Sountharajan, Thumbalai, Point Pedro
- Sittampalam Paramasivam, Surudikulam, Tharmapuram, Kilinochchi
- Anantham Ravichanthiran, Athikovil, Point Pedro
- Pusparaney wife of Pusparaja, Patthirakali Kovil Road, Point Pedro
- Makesvarey Vijayarasa, Thenipillaiyarkovil, Point Pedro
- Kathirippillai, Siva Anbu, Vajambarimoolai, Point Pedro
- Ananthamalar wife of Sivananthavel, Thumbalai, Point Pedro
- Sarojineythevi Pirabakaran, Imaijanan, Upupiddi
- Valipuram Ehanathan Alias Ehanathan, Imaijanan, Uduppidi
- Pethuruppillai Tevarthiravijam, Aseervatham Lane, Valveddythurai
- Veluppillai Sivapathasuntharam, Periyakadu, Valveddithuray
- Veluchamey Selvachsivakumar, Polleykandy, Valveddythuray
- Alinkaruna Jeyaseelan, Polleykandy, Valveddythuray
- Soosaipillai, Irasanayakam, Thambasiday, Point Pedro
- Popathy Amma Sellathuray, Sinnakolaney, Valveddythuray
- Sithamparapillai Paramarwantham, Redbana, Visvamadu
- Kathirippillai Ananthasivam, Athiyadi, Point Pedro
- Pillaiyakuddy Kunabalasingam, Grani, Valveddythuray
- Ammankili Irajappu Iruthajanantham, Puloley West, Salambi
- Puvaneswary Amma Thamakulasingam, Thikkam, Point Pedro
- Alakarani Mokan, Inuvil West, Inuvil
- Nakamaney Vadivesvaran, Thumpalai, Point Pedro
- Manonmaney wife of Thankavelautham, Inbersiddy, Point Pedro
- Anparasey wife of Raveenthiran, Inbersiddy, Point Pedro
- Marikolunthay wife of Sinnathurai, Inbersiddy, Point Pedro
- Ravi Prasanthini, Alvai, Point Pedro
- Iletsumy wife of Sellathurai, Udupiddy, Point Pedro
- Polinjejarani wife of Anjali, Thumbalai, Point Pedro
- Kunaletsumy Ravi, Alvai, Point Pedro
- Rakkiniamma wife of Lawrence, Thumbalai, Point Pedro.
- Sivaranjini Vijayaseelan, Vijaparey Moolai (Thenjam), Point Pedro
- Santhirasekarampillai Santhiralingam, Thambasiddy, Point Pedro
- Ilayathambi Thankavadivel, Thambasiddy, Point Pedro
- Mathiyasu Mariyaratthinam, Salaiyadi, Point Pedro
- Veerarathi, Selvakathiramalai, Thambasiddy, Point Pedro
- Arulanantham Meri Josap, 4th Street, Point Pedro
- Madutheen Anthonipillai, Kaddupalami, Tondamanaru
- Najesvary wife of Rathinasingam, Thikkam, Point Pedro
- Sivasamey Supiramaniyam, Thikkam, Point Pedro
- Nakesvarey Gnanarasa, Vijabarimoolai, Point Pedro
- Murukuppillai Sarojathevi, Vijabarimoolai, Point Pedro
- Muththaija Sivanananthavel, Thikkam, Point Pedro
- Subramaniyam Sriskantharasa, Vijabarimoolai, Point Pedro
- Baskaran Alias Velautham Sritharan, Thumbalai, Point Pedro
- Thankamajil wife of Nakarasa, Vijabarimoolai, Point Pedro
- Irajaluxmi Irajaradnam, Vijabarimoolai, Point Pedro
- Nadaraja Thankaraththinam, Vijabarimoolai, Point Pedro
- Santhirasekaram Irasalingam, Thikkam, Point Pedro
- Appukkuddy Thurairasa, Inbersiddy, Point Pedro
- Latha Tharmakulasingam, 1st Street, Point Pedro
- Kamalesvarey Nadesamoorthy nee Kanapathypillay, Vijabarimoolai (Theni Annai), Point Pedro
- Anthoneypillai Anthanputhumarinajayam, Thikkam, Point Pedro
- Nadarasa Kunaradnam, Thikkam, Point Pedro
- Kamalarani Sateeskumar, Thumbalai, Point Pedro
- Sooriyakanthy wife of Sivalingam, Theni Amman Kovil Point Pedro
- Pathnathar Meri Grae Patima, Munai, Point Pedro
- Ariyakuddy Hariharan, Theni Amman Kovil, Point Pedro
- Vara Pirakasam King Roddiko, Thumbalai, Point Pedro
- Arunasalam Sathasivam, Poleykandy, Point Pedro
- Gabrible Sabamalai, Theni Amman Kovil, Point Pedro
- Santhirasekarampillai Sathilingam, Thumbalai, Point Pedro
- Sellamma Sinnadurai, Navagurai, Putter
- Sitharamparappillai Rasathurai, Thopu, Acathuvveli
- Valli Soman, Kumpalai, Alavedi East
- Kanapathi Navaratnasamy, Manavatpulam, Alaveddy East
- Karuneswaran Mari Anretra, 50/33, Setti Street, Nallur
- Sivasubramaniyam Ratnakumar, 4H, Alady Veethy, Thonikal, Vavuniya
- Sivapalasundaram Sivananthakumar, 352, Goodset Road, Vavuniya
- Muralithran Sitharadevi, Alaveddi South, Alaveddi
- Sellathurai Thivendran, Thumpalai, Alaveddi
- Velluppalai Puspanathan, Sooravathai, Chunnakam
- Pavalakoddy wife of Ratnanantham, Sooravathai, Chunnakam
- Sanpakasunderam Mahajanavathy, 36, Karapankadu, Station Road, Vavuniya
- Umananthani Uruthara, 36, Karapankadu, Vavuniya
- Alagarasa Vimalathevi, Thevadi Junction
- Eswaran Rasaratnam, Thevadi North, Kokuvil
- Sinnappu Gunaratnam, Suthumalai South, Manipay
- Sinnappu Navaratnam, Nageswary School Lane, Chunnakam
- Pakiyanathar Antoni Sathasaharajah, Sillalai, Pandatharipu
- Antonay Sathasahajarajah Merignesi Amma, Sillai, Pandatharipu
- Vellipuram Kumarasamy, Mylani, Chunnakam
- Kalananthani, Kumarasami, Mylani, Chunnakam
- Nevatheka Basharan, Erlali East, Erlali
- Santhiyappillai James Pushparasa, 210, Ramanathan Road, Kantharmadam
- Theivannapillai wife of Nagalingam, No. 5, Konesapuram, Orss Hill, Konesapuram, Trincomalee
- Innasimuthu Alosispouse, Avarangal, Puttur
- Merymagalin Gnampigai wife of Antonipillai, No. 3, Moolai Lane, Jaffna
- Markandu Ludchumanan, Anaikuddy Mathavady, Tellipalai
- Velan Singarasa, Uyarappulam, Elavalai
- Aththanas Nesaiya Varappiragasam, Seddyseema Lane, Acthuveli
- Veerasamy Theventirarasa, Manipay Road, 5th lane, Uduvil
- Jeyakaran Uthayakumary, 391, Navalar Road, Nallur
- Nagamuthu Shanmuganathan, Earlalai East, Earlalai.
- Vaithilingam Gangaratnam, Navalady lane, Thirunelvely (No. 46)
- Sellamany Thavam, Kudiyapulam, Vadivilaan
- Sellathurai Kandasamy, Alaveddy North, Alaveddy
- Kirushnathevy Kunarathnam, Keniyady, Kokuvil West, Kokuvil
- Parameswary Mahalingam nee SOmasuntharam, Tellippalai junction, Tellippalai
- Nagamany Logeswary nee Nagan, Mallakam Kaddady, Mallakam
- Thampipillai Ketheeswaran, Manthuvil East, Kodikamam
- Maheswaran Sarasathevy nee Kandiah, Koolavady East, Anaicoddai
- Ilayavan Sinnathampy, Powerstation Road, Chunnakam
- Kirushnapillai Senthoori, Powerstation Road, Chunnakam
- Nageswary wife of Kandiah, Navaly Road, Anaicoddai
- Gnanasingam Saraswathy No. 20, Malar mahal Veehty, Ariyalai
- Yoheswary Rajenthiram nee Sivakurunathan, Suthumalai South, Manipay
- Nanniyar Ilyathampy, Moolai South, Chulipuram
- Rasaiya Selvakantharasa, Sannathi Road, Thampanai Achchuvely
- Puthunachchipillai Sachithanantham, 24/10, Manning Place, Colombo 06
- Iluppaiya Marrygiresh, 34, Temple Road, Jaffna
- Visuvar Selvarajah, Kokuvil West, Puthuveethy, Kokuvil
- Parasakthi Kaliyugavarathan, Ealalai East, Ealalai
- Kaliyugavarathan Sabesh, Ealalai East, Ealalai
- Sugirtha Kaneswary wife of Kanagaratnam nee Thuraisamy, Achchuvely South, Achchuvely
- Poopalasingam Baby, Nagamma Kovil Veethy, Uduvil
- Kaneshan Uthayakumar, ‘Kokulam’, Shangarapillai Veethy, Manipay
- Kandiah Pirema, 1010/19, Naachchimarkovil, KKS Road
- Santhiyapillai Anton Jeyanathan, Seeni Panthal, Ilavalai
- Pavalam Ariyaddy, Suthanthirapuram, Vasavilaan
- Thavayugarany Ravichandran, 30/20, Pillaiyar Cross Road, Aththiyady
- Murugesu Velmurugan, 30/20, Pillaiyar Cross Road, Aththiyady
- Thuraiyan Pooranam, Krishnar Kovilady, Urumpirai South
- Sinnaththamby Nagalingam, Urely West, Chunnakam
- Thadparasakthi wife of Kandasamy, Anthoniyar Veethy, Mathakal
- Sivasakthi Kanagarasa, Kalikovilady, Thavady North
- Nallaiya Laxmykanthan, Alaveddy East, Kanesapuram
- Thaveethuppilai Mary Josep, 16/6, Vithanaiyar Vedy, Chundukuli
- Nagan Rasalingam, Inuvil East, Karaikaal, Inuvil
- Jamuna Thurairasa, Ealalai East, Ealalai
- Rasha wife of Rosemary – Pinamina, Kanappulam, Mallakam
- Christobel Ganthimathi Balakumaranathan, 52 Main, Anaicoddai
- Silogini Amirthalingam, Kulappidy Junction, Kokuvil
- Nageswary Sathananthan, Ealalai East, Ealalai
- Nagamani Rajathurani, Koluputhurai, 2nd Cross, Maniyanthoddam
- Kandiah Muruganantham, Thirunelvely Centre, Thirunelvely
- Balakrishnan – Uma, Kuppulan North, Earampukadavai
- Muthukumaru Satkunarasa, Suthumalai South, Manipay
- Sellakkandu Sinnarasa, No. 22, School lane, Tharady-South, Kokuvil
- Iyaththurai Sooriyakala, Konnappulam, Mallakam
- Rasaiya Moganamoorthy, Kondavil East, Kondavil
- Kanagalingam Nanthakumar, 27, Mooththa Thamby Lane, Manipay
- Santhiramalar Pusparash, Konappulam, Mallakam
- Thiresh Nirmala wife of Thavagnanathas, No. 6, Pendikos lane, Kandy Road, Jaffna
- Rasalingam Inthirany, Thevikovilady, Ealalai West, Ealalai
- Manikkam Sinnaththambi, Thevalaya veethy, Mallakam
- Nadarasa Vallinayaki, Vaddu South, Vaddukkodai
- Veluppillai Appuththurai, Kali Kovilady, Vaddu South, Vaddukoddai
- Aandi Kanthaseelan, Manippay Veethy, Uduvil
- Vairavan Mahalingam, Eevanai Centre, Punnalaikadduvan
- Jemsh Singarajah Josepmary Jesuthasan, Kandy Road, Miruchuvil
- Saththiyalatha, Saththiyajegan, Urelu West, Chunnkam
- Valli Rasathurai, Magistrate Welfare Centre, Mallakam
- Atputhamma Pilip, Santhirasegarpillaiyar Veethi, Kalviyankadu
- Arulanantham Priyatharsini, Santhirasegarpillaiyar Veethi, Kalviyankadu
- Manikkam Sivanadiyan, SUntharapuram, Vasavilan
- Rasan Nagamma, Siruppidy East, Neervely
- Manikkam Manikkam, Kirunshnar Kovilady,Urumpirai
- Kiddiran Uthananthasivam, Koppay North, Koppay
- Manikkam Selvaraththiram, Malvam, Uduvil
- Alagasuntharan, Arulvathy, Sasi Mill lane, Chandilippay
- Shanthini – Mahathevan nee Sellathurai, Kondavil East, Kondavil
- Seeniyar Kunaratnam, Palampillaiyar Kovilady, Mallakam
- Kandiah Sivasubramaniyam, Kirushnar Kovilady, Kopay North, Kopay
- Ratha Pathmanathan, Muthaly Kovil Veethy, Thavady East, Thavady
- Pushpamalar Balakrishnan, Chemmany Veethy, Nallur
- Theventhiran Srilinganathan, Suthumalai North, Manipay
- Mahendram Punithavany nee Kanavathipillai, Uduvil Road, Manipay
- Mosas Richards, Memorial Lane, Manipay
- Vilvamany Kannan, Manipay Road, Uduvil
- Mahathevan Sritharan, Manipay Road, Uduvil
- Tharampikai Amma Lingotpavanathan, Chemmany Vethy, Nallur
- Niththiyanantharajah Mari Rubina, Ealalai East, Ealalai
- Sellathurai Jeyakumar, Datchu Road, Uduvil
- Rajaratnam Rajavel Kurusa, 25, 2nd Cross, Jaffna
- Pathmalogini Nadaraja, Uduvil East, Chunnakam
- Rasathurai Sribalan, Suthumalai South, Manipay
- Ilayavan Sinnarasa, Kumarakoddam, Kondavil North
- Nagalingam Yogeswaran, Potpathi Road, Kondavil
- Sellamma Murugesu, Sandilipay West, Sandilipay
- Murugesu Manoharan, Sandilipay West, Sandilipay
- Velauthappilai Kamaleswaran, Thummalai, Ilavalai
- Sinnaraja Kamlarani, Thummalai, Ilavalai
- Thavarajah, Thavachchelvi, Mavady Aalaya Veethy Chankanai
- Kandiah Sadatcharam, Mavady Aalaya Veethy Chankanai
- Ramalingam Ariyarathnam, Mavady Aalaya Veethy Chankanai
- Sinakkandu Eeswaran, Navaladu, Uduppiddy
- Tharmalingam Parasakthi, Thavady East, Kokuvil
- Sinnathurai Selvarajah, Koddaikadu, Mallakam
- Sellththurai Thiruselvarasa, Rasaveethi, Kopay
- Sellththurai Yogenthiran, Rasaveethi, Kopay
- Mery Kelan Vasantharani wife of Anton Jeyakumar, Marisan Koodal, Ilavalai
- Fattimarany wife of Gregory Antony, Marisan Koodal, Ilavalai
- Sellaiah Kaithampillai, Marisan Koodal, Ilavalai
- Rock Selvanayakam Gnanapakiyam of Katkovalam, Point Pedro.
- Ilayakutty Yokarani of Chunnakam East, Chunnakam.
- Aachipillai Apputhurai of Chunnakam East, Chunnakam
- Kanapathipillai Rubarani of Point Pedro, Thumpalai.
- Pakkiyanathan Selvamuthini of Konappulam Road, Mallakam.
- Vaithilingam Arnthavaraja of Konappulam Road, Mallakam.
- Kandasamy Santhirakanthiamma of Soolanai, Chunnakam.
- Regina Sakunthala Pawalinus of Temple Road, Chundukuli, Jaffna.
- Inthirakumar Jeyamany of Madduvil South, Madduvil.
- Velayutham Mohan of Sabapathipillai Road, Chunnakam South.
- Thavarajah Karunampihai of Alavaddy South Kuruvalai.
- Jegatha Pusparaja of Urumpirai South, Urumpirai.
- Suvitha Suresh of Urumpirai South, Urumpirai.
- Kidnan Selvarajah of Urumpirai Hindu Welfare Centre.
- Malini Vasanthakumar nee Arumugam of Urumpirai Welfare Centre Urumpirai.
- Kulanthaivelu Thangavelu of Kuppilan North, Earlalai.
- Satkunadevi Anandarajah of Vaddu South, Vaddukkoddai.
- Vishakaperumal Vishakanathan of Masiyapiddi, Sandilippay.
- Aarumugam Kanaganayakam of Adiyapatham Lane, Kokuvil East, Kokuvil.
- Kanthan Aananthan of Krumpasiddy East, Krumpasiddy.
- Nagamma, widow of Thillaiyan of Kuppilan North, Kuppilan.
- Rasaiya Maheswary nee Sinnathambi of Palavi South, Kodikamam
- Sathiyakala, widow of Kokularasa of Maniyankulam Skanthapuram.
- Sathiyapriya Sivaranjan of Maniyankulam Skanthapuram
- Baskaran Vathani of Kantharodai Chunnakam
- Paththinathan Anusa of Martin Road, Jaffna.
- Mery Jeyaseli Joseph Ratnam of Martin Road, Jaffna.
- Jeyamohan Saraswathy of Naachimarkovilady, Vannarpannai, Jaffna.
- Ganesamoorthy Kuganeswary of Chunnakam East, Chunnakam.
- Nadarasa Nilagini of Earlalai South, Chunnakam.
- Thusara Kannathasan of Soolanai, Chunnakam.
- Ponnuththurai Paramarasa of Chunnakam East, Chunnakam.
- Vimaladevi Subramaniyam of Mavady Road, Chankanai.
- Sinnavan Nagamuththu of Sandilippay North, Sandilippay.
- Ganapathipillai Paakiyam of Thavady East, Thavady
- Singanayagam Sathananthanayagam of Udayar Lane, Kokuvil East, Kokuvil.
- Kugamani Selvaragunathan nee Senior of Kilinochchi Malayalapuram North.
- Ramasamy Nageswary of 15/7, Arasady Lane, Thirunelveli.
- Malini widow of Ponnambalam of Urumpirai West, Urumpirai.
- Veluppillai Subramaniam of Navalady Lane, Thirunelvely.
- Nalliah Vevekananthan of Brown Road, Jaffna.
- Sinnathamby Nadarajah of Araly West, Vaddukkoddai.
- Singarasa Kamaladevi of Kanthapurana Veethy, Kantharmadam, Jaffna.
- Thampu Navaratnam of Urumpirai North, Urumpirai.
- Pangyan Ambigathevi nee Arumugam of Pathaimeny Atchuvely.
- Thambipillai Thanabalan of Neervely West, Neervely.
- Selvarasa Sivanesan of Puthumadam , Uduvil South, Manippay.
- Sithampary alias Sithamparapillai Rasaratnam of Kondavil East, Kondavil.
- Gnana Seelan Gayathiri of Power Station Veethi, Chunnakam.
- Jacob Joseph Gunanayagam of Manipay North, Manipay.
- Sivagnanam Rosalin of Guruso Road, Chundikkuli, Jaffna.
- Joseph Theva Thiraviyam of St. Patrick’s Road, Jaffna.
- Sinnathurai Gnanachelvam of Mangamal Road, Jaffna.
- Kanapathippilai Parameswary of Neervely North, Neervely.
- Sarojinithevy Selvanathan nee Sinnathamby of Kondavil West, Kondavil.
- Poobalasingam Kumarasamy of 82/36, Yarlveethy Jaffna.
- Thevarathinam Pakeerathan of Alvai South, Alvai.
- Rathinapathy, widow of Tharmalingam of Manipay West, Manipay.
- Veluppillai Gunapalasingam of Chunnakam South, Chunnakam.
- Suppan Satheeskumar of APC near Uduvil Chunnakam.
- Kiddinen Selvarajah of Sandilippay North, Sandilipay.
- Ramalingam Selvarathinam of Kalvayal, Chavakachcheri.
- Rajani Thirukumar nee Yoganathan of Kadduvan West, Kadduvan.
- Yoganathan Rathinathevi of Urumpirai East, Urumpirai.
- Mathiyash Jesurasa of Pandarikulam, Vavuniya.
- Karthigesu Kanesapillai of Kondavil East, Kondavil.
- Vikneswary Rasaiah of Kokuvil East, Kokuvil.
- Theivendram Nagamuthu of Kandarodai , Chunnakam.
- Paddy Thirunamam of Meesalai North, Kodikamam.
- Sinnathamby Navarathinam of Thirunelvely West, Jaffna.
- Elayathamby Kailainathan of Thunnalai North, Karaveddy.
- Malar Vilvamany of Chunnakam South, Chunnakam
- Kandasamy Tharshanan of Araly South Vaddukoddai.
- Rasanayagam Thiripala of Theatre Lane, Inuvil.
- Rasenthiran Eswary of 8, Sadanathar Veethy Nallur.
- Thavam, widow of Vairamuthu of Iyanar Veethy, Chunnakam.
- Uthayamani Gowrythevy of Kokuvil East, Kokuvil.
- Mariyam Lingam of Neethavanmugam, Mallakam.
- Philip Jesuthasan of 125/2, 2nd Cross St, Jaffna.
- Srikaran Kayalvili of Kalaiyadi, Pannakam.
- Sithamparapillai Sivarasalingam of Theatre Lane, Inuvil East.
- Balenthiram Jeyamohan of Industrial State, Atchuveli.
- Kunaratnam Thayabaran of Industrial State, Atchuveli.
- Kiddinan Vimaleswari of Navakiri, Puttur.
- Thevarasa Tharsini of Urely West, Urely.
- Selvarasa Krisnakumar of Sillalai North.
- Jeyasri Vickineswaran of Ponnalai Road, Manipay.
- Thampimuththu Thanabalasingam of Thoddilady, Sankanai.
- ivaloganathan Thavamani of Station Road, Dehiwela.
- Sril Thangamma nee Manikkam of 27, Park Road, Gurunagar, Jaffna.
- Sinnathampi Subramaniyam of 24/3, 7th Lane, Veppankulam, Vavuniya.
- Ratnasami Iyar Vaithiyanatha Iyar, of 2nd Cross Street, Vavuniya.
- Kanagampikai Nallaiya of 198/7, 7th Lane, Koyitpulam Vavuniya.
- Kanthaiya Kulenthiran of Annai Illam, Kaddudai, Manipay.
- Kanthaiya Parameswary of Udaiyar Kaddy, Mullaitivu.
- Karunathevy Nagalinam of Reetamma Kovilady, Puttur North.
- Piragalathan Iranginithevi of Puttur North, Reetamma Kovilady.
- Santhirakanthan Ranjinithevy of Reetamma Kovilady Puttur North.
- Manuvelpillai Juvelthas of Manthuvil West, Kodikamam.
- Mathiyas Anton Thanislas of Pulavanar Road, Kalviyankadu.
- A. Sakunthalathevy, of Pillaiyarkovil Road, Myliddy.
- V. Mahalingan Sivam of Karampy Kurinchi.
- S. Radnasingam of Sakkody Alvai North West, Alvai.
- E. Pakkiyanathan of Palaly.
- B. Thanyarththinam of Inparsiddy Point Pedro.
- B. Anton Thankarasa of Palaly North .
- S. Selavaraththinam of Palaly.
- M. Sevarajesvary of Maililiddy North.
- A. Maddin Selvanayakam of Palaly Junction.
- K. Selvarasa of Velankanni, Maililiddy.
- T. Kanaselingkam of Velvettithurai.
- P. Allirani of Kadduvalavu, Velvettithurai.
- A. Sanmugarasa of Alvai North, Alvai.
- P. Uthayamumar of Sakkoddai , Alvai North.
- K. Tharmathevan of Mathavadi Velvettithurai.
- P. Pilaminamma of Nachchimarkovil Thikkam.
- A. Thevathiravijam of Mathuvala, Polukandi.
- S. Suvakkina of Point Pedro 3 Cross.
- N. Pakkiyanathan of Point Pedro 3 Cross.
- P. Mery Anistala of Point Pedro 3 Cross.
- N. Meryan Robinsala of Point Pedro 3 Cross.
- T. Ananthasivam of Sakkody, Alvai North.
- A. Anton Jejarasa of St. Thomas, Point Pedro.
- S. Joseph of S. Thomas, Point Pedro.
- D. Amalathas of Sakkody North Centre.
- T. Erajesvary of Thikkam North Centre.
- T. Thurairasa of Sinnavalai Polikandi West.
- P. Valentine Jejekumar of Polikandi East.
- P. Balasingam of Katkovalam, Point Pedro.
- T. Nesakkili of Puloly Centre, Navalady.
- T. Kukathas of Athikovilady Velvettithurai.
- I. Makenthirarani of Thampakomam Palai.
- P. Tharparanantham of Valveddythurai Kadduvalavu.
- N. Ananthpusparany of Thampaciddy , Point Pedro.
- V. Seethaladsumy of Thondamannaru.
- J. Srimaththithevi of Thondamannaru.
- S. Kumarasami of Tharmapuram.
- T. Mathuranajakam of Sakkoddy.
- A. Anton Ganaradnam of Kudaththanai North Kuddaththanai.
- A. Merylitwin of Polikandy.
- K. Killary of Sinnathoddam Point Pedro.
- R. Thavapakkiyam of Kotkovalam, Point Pedro.
- J. Rajaledsumy of Trincomalee.
- J. Johnsan of Thumpalai Point Pedro.
- M. Thampimuththu of 1st Milepost Vijaparimualai, PPT.
- R. Steevan of Karavetty.
- A. Mery Marijapuspam of Polikandy West.
- N. Sivakumar of Sakkody Point Pedro.
- R. Johnpillai of Sakkody Point Pedro.
- J. Jejaladsumithevi of Vijaparymulai PPT.
- P. Sakajasevijar of 1st Cross road, PPT.
- N. Vadivalakan of Inparciddy PPT.
- M. Jenat Jansi of Point Pedro.
- P. Modsalankaram of Point Pedro.
- T. Mathivathana of Vijaparymulai, PPT.
- A. Arulanantham of Urani Kudijettam Velvettithurai.
- J. Mathalenam of Sinnavalai Polikandy.
- S. Sornakanthi of Polikandy, Velvetthurai.
- T. Inthirarani of Velvettythurai.
- A. Vasanthathevi of Karaveddy Nelliady.
- E. Inparasa of Karaveddy Center.
- S. Suganthi of Mullaiththivu.
- S. Navaraththinam of Thunalai West, Karaveddy.
- N. Sarogini of Katkovalam, PPT.
- V. Ganavel of Thikkam, PPT.
- N. Jejapalasingam of Vijaparymulai, PPT.
- S. Thavaradnam of V.M Road, PPT.
- A. Antontharmarasa of Sakkody, PPT.
- M. Thankakkili of Anakkady, Jaffna.
- K. Jejaladsumy of Vadduvaikal, Mullaithivu.
- S. Merian Sakajarani of Sathuvalai Polikandi.
- S. Jejamanu of Karaveddy, Nelliady.
- A. Anitha of Vijaparymulai, PPT.
- N. Manammani of Melai Puloli Road, Vijaparimulai.
- S. Jejamani of Melai Puloli Road, Vijaparimulai.
- K. Marija Jesintha of Manal Lane, PPT.
- A. Pilomina of Polikandy.
- J. Meri Ponrose of Point Pedro.
- T Jesuthasan of Point Pedro.
- A. Kunasakthivel of Kudaththanai.
- T. Thilakarani of Athikovilady, VVT
- S. Uthajarani of Athikovilady, VVT
- K. Vijaiyarani of Thampaciddy, PPT.
- A. Thaniyal of Light House Point Pedro.
- A. Joseph Peter of Sakkody P.P.T.
- A. Pari Poorananathar of Patthuvalai, Polikandy.
- J. Mery Litwin Lijorina of 4th Cross, P.P.T
- B. Vasantharani of Athikovilady, V.V.T
- T. Paththinathar of Thumpalai PPT.
- P. Lillirita of Ampuli Odai, Thumapalai P.P.T
- A. Pernando of Korijadimunai P.P. T
- T. Alden of Sinnaththoddam, P.P.T
- R. Amirthalingam of Katkovalam P.P.T.
- T. Jenivit Anton of Polikandy V.V.T
- M. Kiddinam of College Road P.P.T.
- T. Jeevarani of Urikkadu, V.V.T
- K. Kanakamma of Udayar Lane, P.P.T
- P. Ranjanathevar of Ganasarjar College Road, Karaveddy.
- S. Asaikkili of Karaveddy Neiliaddy.
- V. Mariyaratam of Pulikandy.
- Rasaiya Sritharan, Kaneswaram, Alaveddy.
- Ponnuththurai Thangarasam, Thavadi North, Thavadi.
- Isithor Santhiyapillai Stanilost, Kopay South, Kopay.
- Elisabethaamma Gnanagragasam, Kopay South, Kopay.
- Gnanapragasam Mery Puspam, Kopay South, Kopay.
- Sinnamany Irththinasingam, Kopay South, Kopay.
- Nagaratham Sivagnanaraja, KKS Road, Mallakam.
- Gnanashakthi Kunaratnam, Sandilipay North, Sandilipay.
- Arunothoyam Nimalathan, Kopay South, Kopay.
- Sellar Masilamany, Mathagal West, Mathagal.
- Krishnapillai Shanthakrishnan Krishnapillai Santhakrishnan, Hospital Lane, Manipay.
- Kanakamany w/o Karthikesu nee Kandaiya, Church Road, Chankanai.
- Ilayathambi Selvanayagam, Church Road, Chankanai.
- Thavarasa Arunthavam, Chunnakam East, Chunnakam.
- Sivapatham Jeyabalasundang, KKS Road, Inuvil.
- Navaratnam Ranasivam, Manipay Road, Uduvil.
- Sinnathurai Srinanthini, 27/1 Vimalasara Road, Kalupavila.
- Arumugam Jeyathsan, Station Road, Kondavil.
- Arumugam Rasanayaki, Kudaththanai North, Kudaththanai.
- Nilaiyinar Thiruchelvam, Masar, Palai.
- Jeevakanthan Malar,Irupalai East, Irupalai.
- Eeshwary Kandasamy nee Kumaravel, Poomankulam Vavuniya
- Nadarasah Vigneswaran, Punnalaikadduvan South, Chunnakam.
- Rajappu Thevathas, Koolavedi, Anaikoddai.
- Asaippillai Tharanitharan, Kopay North, Kopay.
- Selvanayakam Sitsabesan, Alaveddy East, Alaveddy.
- Murugan Thanarasa, Chunnakam South, Chunnakam.
- Gnanapirakasam Anthonypillar, Kopay South, Kopay.
- Kathiran Ratnasingam, Chunnakam South, Chunnakam.
- Suntharam Hariharan, Station Road, Chunnakam.
- Rasa Puvaneswary, Chunnakam South, Chunnakam.
- Sivapirakasam Ranjitkumar, Ilayathambi Road, Ariyalai.
- Nalliththambi Selvarasa, uduvil South, Chunnakam.
- Arumainayakam Sinnapillai, Vathiri, Karaveddy.
- Thirupptheri Vallipuram, Urelu East, Chunnakam.
- Kanapathy Inbarasa, Kantharodai, Chunnakam.
- RAsanayakam Sivakkolunthu, Arasady Lane, Thirunelvely, Chunnakam.
- Thambaiya Parameswaran, KKS Road, Maruthanarmadam.
- Shanthiyapillai Jeyakanthan, Uyarappulam, Anaikoddai.
- Kandaiya Rajaratnam, Atchuvely South, Atchchuvely.
- Sivaneswary Vallipuram, Navalar Road, Jaffna.
- Vallipuram Sumithira, Station Road, Chunnakam.
- Nagan Aruni, Kythadi, Nunavil.
- Subramaniya Pathmanathan, Navalady Lane, Thurunelvy.
- Sathiayaseelan Kunagamani, Urelu Skaranthan Road.
- Nesam Mahendran, Urumpiray Rest, Urumpiray.
- Alakasundam Manoharan, Iyanar Road, Sandilippay.
- Karunakaran Ranjinideri, nee Kurunathapillai, Settivalavy, Inuvil.
- Hemawathy w/o Alakasundaram, Iyanar Road, Sandilippai.
- Niththyapavitha Kamalraj nee Niththiyanthurasa, Kokuvil East, Kokuvil.
- Nayaratnam Tharmaratnam, Pillayar Koviladi, Vadaliyaddippu.
- Sabapathy Kandasamy, Meathews Road, Jaffna.
- Geerankumar Saraswathy nee Vallipuram, 1345 Jaffna Road, Manipay.
- Rajeswary Shajahan nee Muththan, Sandilipay North, Sandilipay.
- Ponnamma Sinnakandu, Imayanan North, Udupiddi.
- Thambaiya Logarasa, Thavady East, Kokuvil.
- Mariyampillai Joseph Arulnathan, Poonthoddam, Vavuniya.
- Soosaipillai Partik, Seenthipanthal, Ilavalar.
- Michal Udayar Arulrasa, Station Road, Jaffna.
- Thambarya Nadarasa, Keerimalai Road, Pandatharippu.
- Somasundram Vijayathasan, Karaveddy Center, Karaveddy.
- Parwathy Vairamuththa, Urumpirai East, Urumpirai.
- Vairamuththu Thavarasa, Urumpirai East, Urumpirai.
- Surakkin Albert, Urumpirai North, Urumpirai.
- Senivasakam Srimahadevan, Thirunevely West, Thirunelvely.
- Sellathurai Sivakumaran, Karukampana, Kankesanthurai.
- Thavamany w/o Rajasekaram, Potpathy Road, Kokuvil.
- Anton Kunaratna Penrose, Nelandai, Thumpalai.
- Rajarajeswary Mariyaseelan, Nelandai, Thumpalai.
- Thaveethu Vasthiyampillai, Nelandai Thumpalai.
- Mery Josepin Pushparani Sebatiampillai, Station Road, Kachcheri.
- Nagalingam Sivabalasingam, Ilavalar North, Ilavalar.
- Guneswary w/o Yogaraja, Urumpirai South, Urumpirai.
- Nadarasa Kulenthiran, Kondavil North, Kondavil.
- Vairamuththu Ramachandran, Urumpirai South, Urumpirai.
- Sinnathurai Balasubramaniam, School Lane, Thavady, Kokuvil.
- Joseph Manoharan Paathima Amaldmery, Chundukuli, Jaffna.
- Alagammah w/o Mahalingam, Seeralan Road, Udupiddi.
- Vijayakumar Uthayaranjini, Urelu West, Urelu.
- Kanesh SAravani, Welware Center Udupiddi.
- Punniyamoorthy Thavamany, Welware Center, Udupiddi.
- Kanthaiya Shantharasa, Nallur, Jaffna.
- Mamankam Selvavathy, Thunnalai East, Karaveddi.
- Periyathambi Thillainadaraba, Sanguveli North, Manipay.
- Kanapathy Selvarasa, 80, Viyasar Road, Thonikkal.
- Nagulan Rasaluxmi, Irupalai East, Irupalai.
- Sinnavan Sinnathasan, Urumpirai Welware center, Urumpirai.
- Ramachandran Sureshkumar, Urumpirai South, Urumpirai.
- Kathikamanathan, Kokuvil East, Kokuvil.
- Annamalai Kulasingam, 3rd bycross, Kokuvil.
- Navartnamaso Aachchimuththy, No. 86 Viyasar Road, Thonikal, Vavuniya.
- Ilyathampi Vakchala, Urelu East, Chunnakam.
- Paddani Raththinam, Kaneswaram, Alaveddy.
- Sellar Pushbarasa, Konapulam Welware Center, Mallakam.
- Sankarapillai Maheswaran, Uduvil South, Chunnakam.
- Thambirasa Velmurugan, Seddikurichchi Pandaththarippu.
- Poobalasingam Waraharasa, Kopay Center, Kopay.
- Soosaippillai Stephen Selvanayakam, Mill Road, Thavasipulam, Murusivil.
- Saroginithevam Thevarasa nee Kanan, Songarathtai Vaddukoddai.
- Sebaratnam Gnanapackiyam, Nellandai, Thumbalai.
- A. Sivaswamy,
Land Acquiring Officer – Jaffna District
- Janaka Bandara Thennakoon,
Minister of Lands and Land Development,
Ministry of Land and Land Development,
- Land Survey Officer – Jaffna District,
On this 20th day of May 2013
TO: HIS LORDSHIP THE PRESIDENT AND THEIR LORDSHIPS THE OTHER JUDGES OF THE COURT OF APPEAL OF THE DEMOCRATIC SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF SRI LANKA
The Petition of the Petitioners above-named appearing by RAJ MOAHAN BALENDRA practicing in the name style and firm of
SINNADURAI SUNDARALINGAM & BALENDRA
and his Assistants LAWRENCE PATABENDIGE MANOJI SAMANKUMARI and SHAKILA UDAYANGA SANTIYAGO their Registered Attorneys state as follows:
1. The Petitioners are citizens of the Republic. They own land located within the area described in the notices purporting to be in respect of Section 2 of the Land Acquisition Act which appeared on or about 20th April 2013 on several trees in areas just outside the barricades on the Kankesanthurai Road at Tellipallai.
A photograph of a purported notice under Section 2 of the Land Acquisition Act signed by the 1st Respondent and affixed to a tree is annexed hereto marked ‘P1’ and pleaded as part and parcel hereof.
2. The Petitioners are directly and personally affected by the said purported notice as they are owners of separate and individual parcels of lands situated within the area described in ‘P1’. The Petitioners respectfully seek the permission of Your Lordships’ Court to dispense with the requirement to tender the title deeds of the Petitioners other than the 1st Petitioner in view of the very large volume of documentation involved. The Petitioners respectfully state that true copies of the title deeds of the other Petitioners will be available with the Registered Attorneys. The Petitioners also seek the indulgence of Court to reserve the right to tender the title deeds if and when required to do so by Court.
A copy of the 1st Petitioner’s title deeds is annexed hereto marked ‘P2’ and pleaded as part and parcel hereof.
3. The 1st Respondent is the Land Acquiring Officer for Jaffna and is principally responsible for issuing the purported notice more fully described hereinafter, and which the Petitioners seek to challenge through the present application. The 2nd Respondent is the Minister for Lands and Land Development, under whose direction the 1st Respondent is empowered to issue notices under Section 2 of the Land Acquisition Act, and who has issued the purported Order in terms of Proviso [a] to Section 38 of such Act, which also the Petitioners seek to challenge through the present application. The 3rd Respondent is the Land Survey Officer, Jaffna District who is empowered by the said notice to carry out certain functions.
4. The Petitioners state that on or about 20th April 2013, several notices in the Tamil language alone purporting to be notices under Section 2 of the Land Acquisition Act were posted in the manner and place described in paragraph 1 of this Petition.
5. The Petitioners state that the said purported notices were dated 27th April 2013, even though they were made public several days prior to the date on the said notice.
6. The Petitioners state that the said notices state in Tamil, inter alia, that ‘one land in the schedule provided hereinbelow is required for a public purpose’ and describes the area subject to the purported notice to be 6381 acres, 38.97 perches and goes on to describe the reason for the supposed land requirement as ‘Defence Battalion Headquarters [Jaffna] – Regularising handover of area on which High Security Zone [Palaly and Kankesanthurai] is established.’
7. The Petitioners state that the extent of the area indicated is massive, constituting approximately 25.8 square kilometres. It is therefore more than two-thirds the entire land area on which Colombo City (which spans an area of 37.21 kilometres squared) is established.
A copy of a map of the Colombo area with approximately 6384 acres depicted as the extent enclosed within three marker points is annexed to this Petition marked ‘P3’ and is pleaded as part and parcel hereof.
8. The Petitioners state that they own substantial tracts of land that fall within the area specified in the purported notice ‘P1’. The Petitioners were displaced from their lands during the war, and after the cessation of hostilities the Petitioners sought to return to their private lands. However, regretfully, the Petitioners were unlawfully and wrongfully prevented from returning to their lands, including by the erection of barbed wire fences and barricades manned by armed forces personnel.
9. The Petitioners state that the state security forces have continued for many years to remain in possession of the area indicated in ‘P1’. The Petitioners are advised and state that such possession is in violation of the law.
10. The Petitioners state that on or about 15th May 2013, they became aware that a purported Order in terms of Proviso [A] to section 38 of the Land Acquisition Act [as amended] and in respect of inter alia the Petitioners’ lands had been issued by the 2nd Respondent and was gazetted in Gazette Extraordinary No. 1807/23 of 26th April 2013. The said Gazette indicates that the purported Order was issued on 24th April 2013.
A copy of Gazette Extraordinary No. 1807/23 of 26 April 2013 is annexed to this Petition marked ‘P4’ and is pleaded as part and parcel hereof.
11. The Petitioners state that their links to their lands in the Northern Province are crucial to their identity. The Petitioners state that Tamil inhabitants of the Province of Jaffna are governed by Tesawalamai, an ancient and advanced Personal Law which has applied for centuries, to Tamil persons of the Jaffna Province and their families, who have retained their distinct identity within Sri Lanka for generations. The Petitioners state that in fact, the said Tesawalamai ancient system of Personal Laws, has been recognised and implemented by the Courts of Sri Lanka for centuries.
12. The Petitioners state that the said Tesawalamai applies to Tamil persons of the Province of Jaffna and their families, provided they have not given up links to their land in the Jaffna Province. Thus, the Tamil People of the Jaffna Province have proud and inveterate cultural links to their traditional lands, which is reflected in Tesawalamai itself.
13. The Petitioners accordingly yearn to return to their traditional lands and homes and entertain a legitimate expectation of being permitted to realise their right to resume and/or enjoy their links to their lands in the Northern Province. The Petitioners state that in all the relevant circumstances, any programme of action to exclude them from their traditional lands to which they have not given up the intention to return, and which they long to use and enjoy is extremely arbitrary and unreasonable.
14. The Petitioners are advised and state that in the circumstances, the taking of steps to issue a purported notice under Section 2 and/or under Section 38 Proviso [A] of the Land Acquisition Act (as amended) is arbitrary and unreasonable.
15. The Petitioners further state that where such a large extent of land (approximately 25.8 square kilometres/6381 acres) of land is intended to be acquired, resulting in mass dispossession of persons from their traditional lands with which even the distinct personal Laws recognise as central to their ethno-cultural identity requires, in order for any steps under Section 2 of the Land Acquisition Act to be ‘reasonable’, the following steps require to be taken:
(a) There must be proper and adequate disclosure of the precise reason(s) for such proposed dispossession to be effected, in as much as the purported ‘reason’ set out in the impugned purported notice under Section 2 of the Land Acquisition Act, so that precise objections thereto could be made by the Petitioners and others similarly affected;
(b) The Petitioners and others similarly affected ought to be adequately informed of the reason as to why such a large extent of their traditional lands is sought to be acquired to the detriment of the Jaffna Tamil community’s links to their traditional lands, particularly in the context of a cessation of armed conflict in the island for many years; and
(c) The Petitioners and others similarly affected ought to be informed of any purported reason for proposed acquisition, in a manner that would enable and permit them to state their precise objections, including implications to their personal laws, traditional rights and various aspects pertaining to their respective properties.
16. The Petitioners state that the failure and/or refusal to properly and adequately inform them of the precise reason for the acquisition of their lands under Section 2 of the Land Acquisition Act, has denied them the ability to make proper objections to the purported acquisition of their respective lands.
NO PUBLIC PURPOSE
17. The Petitioners state that the purported notices ‘P1’ are unlawful, in that the said notices refer to “regularising handover of area on which High Security Zone [Palaly and Kankesanthurai] is established” despite the lands within the area specified in the notice not forming part of any High Security Zone recognised by law.
18. The Petitioners state that in any event, with the lapse of the state of emergency in 2011, all previously existing High Security Zones established by Emergency Regulations also ceased to exist.
19. The Petitioners state, therefore, that no public purpose is served by the acquisition of any land in the Jaffna peninsula for regularising “handover of area on which High Security Zone is established,” since no such Zones ever existed or continue to exist.
INTERNAL INCONSISTENCY AND INCONSISTENCY WITH SECTION 4 OF THE LAND ACQUISITION ACT
20. The Petitioners state that while paragraph 1 of the purported notice ‘P1’ states that the Minister has directed that “a land” in the “area” indicated in the Schedule is necessary for a public purpose, paragraph 3 which sets out the purpose of the intended acquisition states “Defence Battalion Headquarters [Jaffna] – Regularising handover of area on which High Security Zone [Palaly and Kankesanthurai] is established.”
21. The Petitioners state further that while paragraph 1 of the purported notice ‘P1’ states that the Minister has directed that “a land” in the “area” indicated in the Schedule is necessary for a public purpose, paragraph 2 which contains such Schedule describes the area contained in such schedule as “a land”.
22. Thus and otherwise, paragraph 3 of ‘P1’ indicates that the entirety of the land described in the schedule would be acquired for the purposes set out therein.
23. Thus, the Petitioners state that paragraph 1 of ‘P1’,which indicates that “a land” within the area indicated in the schedule is necessary for a public purpose, is inconsistent with paragraph 2 of ‘P1’which identifies the entirety of the area contained in the schedule as “a land”.
24. Furthermore, the Petitioners state that paragraph 1 of ‘P1’ which indicates that “a land” within the area indicated in the schedule is necessary for a public purpose, is also inconsistent with paragraph 3 thereof, which indicates a purpose that by necessary implication contemplates the acquisition of the entire area referred to in paragraph 1 and 2, and not merely “a land” within such area.
25. Thus and otherwise, the Petitioners are advised to state that ‘P1’ is self-contradictory in nature, and is therefore irrational, unreasonable, arbitrary and capricious.
26. The Petitioners state that Section 4 of the Land Acquisition Act contemplates only a “particular land” within the larger area indicated in a Section 2 notice being acquired. Therefore, since paragraphs 2 and 3 of ‘P1’ set out that the entire area indicated in the said notice is to be acquired, the Petitioners are advised to state that these paragraphs – and consequently ‘P1’ in its entirety – are inconsistent with and ultra vires Section 4 of the Land Acquisition Act.
PARAGRAPH 4 UNREASONABLE AND EVIDENCES INTENTION TO EVADE STATUTORY OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE SECTION 4 NOTICES TO OWNERS
27. The Petitioners state that paragraph 4 of ‘P1’ states “Person claiming ownership over the land: cannot be identified”.
28. Without prejudice to the claim that only “a particular land” may be acquired through the process set out in the Land Acquisition Act and not an entire area within which such land is situated, the Petitioners state that there are many thousands of owners – including the Petitioners – of the numerous parcels of land situated within the approximately 6381 acres/25.8 square kilometres specified in paragraph 2 of ‘P1’.
29. The Petitioners have repeatedly interacted with State functionaries and are easily identifiable. Many Petitioners have been listed by the State as “displaced” and consequently received state support while in ‘welfare camps’.The Petitioners further state that a large number of the Petitioners consequent to their being refused permission to return to their lands yet languish in these ‘welfare camps’ established by the State.
30. The Petitioners state therefore that it is patently unreasonable for the 1st Respondent to now claim that all of the owners of the several thousands of plots of land situated within the area specified by the Schedule are unidentifiable.
31. The Petitioners state that they reasonably apprehend that the claim in paragraph 4 of ‘P1’ is an attempt to evade the statutory duty imposed by Section 4 of the Land Acquisition Act, which states that:
“Where the Minister considers that a particular land is suitable for a public purpose….he shall direct the acquiring officer of the district in which that land is situated to cause a notice in accordance with subsection (3) to be given to the owner or owners of that land and to be exhibited in some conspicuous places on or near that land”
NON-COMPLIANCE WITH MATERIAL STATUTORY PROVISIONS
32. The Petitioners state that Section 2(2) of the Land Acquisition Act specifies that the notice referred to in subsection (1) shall be in the Sinhala, Tamil and English languages.
33. The Petitioners state however that the failure of the 1st Respondent to publish ‘P1’ in all three languages, and only in the Tamil language, amounts to non-compliance with material statutory provisions, and is therefore illegal.
34. The Petitioners state that in light of the foregoing, the purported notice under Section 2 of the Land Acquisition Act marked ‘P1’ was occasioned mala fide, illegally and for improper considerations; does not evince a public purpose; is internally contradictory and therefore irrational, unreasonable, arbitrary and capricious; is ultra vires the Land Acquisition Act; evidences an intention to evade statutory obligations to provide notices to owners under Section 4 of the Land Acquisition Act; and does not comply with material statutory provisions. Thus and otherwise, the purported notice ‘P1’ is illegal, void ab initio and of no force or effect in law.
UNLAWFULNESS OF ‘P4’
35. The Petitioners states that, in light of the above, ‘P4’ is illegal, void ab initio, and of no force or effect in law for the reason that ‘P1’ is illegal, void ab initio, and of no force or effect in law.
36. The Petitioners state in addition that an Order under proviso [a] to section 38 of the Land Acquisition Act [as amended] may be made only “where it becomes necessary to take immediate possession of any land on the ground of any urgency, at any time after a notice under Section 2 is exhibited for the first time in the area in which that land is situated or at any time after a notice under Section 4 is exhibited for the first time on or near that land.”
37. The Petitioners state that the state security forces are already in possession, albeit unlawfully, of the area specified in the purported Order ‘P4’. Therefore, the Petitioners state that as a matter of logical construction and law there can be no necessity for any person to take immediate possession of such lands on behalf of the State, as the State is already in unlawful possession of such lands.
38. The Petitioners are advised to state that proviso [a] to section 38 applies in cases where the land or lands concerned are not in the possession of the State. It is thus plainly inapplicable in cases where the State is already in possession of private lands.
39. The Petitioners state that the purported Order ‘P4’ was ostensibly not issued for the reasons permissible by law and that it was in fact issued to deny the Petitioners of recourse to rights and protections that are afforded to persons in respect of their lands in cases of land acquisition where proviso [a] to section 38 is not invoked.
40. Therefore, the Petitioners state that the purported Order ‘P4’ is ultra vires section 38 of the Land Acquisition Act, and was occasioned by mala fide considerations. Thus and otherwise, the purported Order ‘P4’ is ultra vires, unreasonable, offensive of the Principle of Proportionality, preceded by effective disregard for the Principles of Natural Justice, irrational and unfair. It is therefore unlawful, void ab initio, and of no force or effect in law. The Petitioners further state that the purported Order ‘P4’ is also contrary to and/or entirely inconsistent with the Doctrine of Public Trust.
41. The Petitioners further state that, grave and irreparable loss, harm and damage would be caused to the Petitioners and to the several owners of the thousands of plots of land situated within the area specified in the Schedule to the purported notice ‘P1’and the purported Order ‘P4’ unless the Respondents are restrained from continuing to act upon the purported notice ‘P1’ and purported Order ‘P4’. The Petitioners further state that implementation of steps on the basis of the said purported notice and the said purported Order will seriously compromise and erode the rule of law and statutory safeguards. Accordingly, the Petitioners state that unless the interim reliefs prayed for in this Petition are granted, the final reliefs prayed for in this Petition would be rendered nugatory.
42. The Petitioners make this application on the limited material available by reason of the time constraints imposed by the urgency of seeking the reliefs prayed for. Hence the Petitioners respectfully reserve the right to furnish such further material and/or add such other parties and/or effect such amendments to the Petition as subsequent revelations, disclosures and/or developments may necessitate.
43. The Petitioners have not previously invoked the jurisdiction of Your Lordships’ Court in respect of this matter.
44. The Affidavit of the 1st Petitioner is appended hereto in support of the averments contained herein.
WHEREFORE the Petitioners respectfully pray that Your Lordships’ Court be pleased to grant and issue:
a) Notice on the Respondents;
b) An interim order preventing the Respondents, their servants and agents from taking any steps based on or in reliance upon the purported notice published under Section 2 of the Land Acquisition Act as amended “P1” until the hearing and final determination of this application;
c) An interim order preventing the Respondents, their servants and agents from taking any steps to give effect to and/or act upon the purported Order published under Section 38 Proviso A of the Land Acquisition Act as amended “P4” until the hearing and final determination of this application;
d) A mandate in the nature of a writ of Certiorari quashing the purported notice under Section 2 of the Land Acquisition Act [as amended] “P1”;
e) A mandate in the nature of a writ of Certiorari quashing the purported Order under Section 38 Proviso A of the Land Acquisition Act [as amended] “P4”;
f) A mandate in the nature of a writ of Prohibition preventing the Respondents from acting under and/or giving effect to the purported notice under Section 2 of the Land Acquisition Act [as amended] “P1”;
g) A mandate in the nature of a writ of Prohibition, preventing the Respondents from acting under and/or giving effect to the purported order published under Section 38 Proviso A of the Land Acquisition Act as amended “P4”;
h) An order for costs; and
i) An order for such further and other reliefs as to Your Lordships’ Court shall seem meet.
Registered attorneys for the petitioners